Senior Backend Software Engineer (Remote / ASIA) at Coins.ph
🇸🇬 (Posted Feb 8 2019)
About the company
Coins.ph (www.coins.ph) is a distruptor in the FinTech scene in Asia. It is a mobile wallet that can be used to make payments or buy digital currency such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum. With Coins.ph, you can do the following - even if you don’t have a bank account!
Coins recently got acquired by GO-JEK! (https://www.go-jek.com/)
Why This is Exciting
Though rapidly growing, the engineering team at Coins is very tight-knit, meaning that new engineers at Coins take on significant responsibility and ownership for projects very quickly after joining
Coins was founded by two experienced software engineers and they have created a developer-focused culture throughout the company
Our team consists of top talent both globally and locally in our target markets. Our founders are prior entrepreneurs that have experience scaling teams and driving their startups to successful outcomes
We are using some of the most futuristic emerging technologies (Bitcoin / Blockchain) to increase financial inclusion for over 300 million people in the region
We have received Venture Capital from global thought leaders with expertise in Startups, FinTech, and Micro-Finance. They have (literally) bought into our vision and play an active role in helping our company achieve its full potential
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Coins is looking for experienced software engineers across the stack to join our rapidly scaling FinTech company. We are looking for engineers that can help us develop new products, scale our existing systems, and create meaningful user experiences. Coins is a company founded by software engineers and accordingly we have strong engineering principles in the very DNA of our company. We are actively seeking the best talent in the world and offer a variety of working arrangements.
Skills & requirements
We are actively seeking the best engineering talent regardless of programming language, so background in these technologies is not necessarily required, but some of the technologies our team currently uses include:
• 4+ years relevant experience as a Software Engineer with a strong team
• Technolodies to know Go, Redis, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with Agile Product Development processes and individual contribution
• Tests (unit, functional, integration) and understanding how to apply them
• Understanding and practically using SOLID, GRASP, common design patterns
• Ability to follow Micro Service Oriented Architecture (pros/cons)
• Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline from a top global University
Skills good to have
• Python (Django/Vanilla), Java
• Team/component/project lead experience
• A well-maintained Github profile with samples of your prior work. Relevant open-source commits or other public work vetted by developers online is a big plus
• Experience in building easy-to-use consumer products
• Experience building FinTech products or other financial systems
• Passion for Bitcoin and Blockchain technologies and a detailed understanding of how they work
• Experience working with a remote team