Senior Software Engineer at RightScale
Santa Barbara or US-remote, California, United States (Posted Aug 3 2015)
About the company
We enable large enterprises such as Volkswagen, EA Games, Technicolor and PBS deploy, monitor and scale their systems on any cloud they want to.
- Remote work possible
RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve challenging problems in the cloud computing space.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in our Santa Barbara office, or work remotely in the US. You'll have an opportunity to work across our technology stack, develop new features, and be involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, to coding and testing. We’re building large-scale systems, e.g. one of the systems we’re developing is an overlay network with a globally distributed routing infrastructure that collectively routes 10,000 unicast and multicast requests per second! We use a mixture of technologies such Go, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra and Ruby. Check out the RightScale Engineering Blog to hear from some of our team.
What you'll do on the job:
- Actively participate in an agile software development life-cycle, decomposing requirements, documenting and discussing the design, estimation and implementation, being a strong communicator is imperative.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot multi-layered, SOA structured, cloud-based software applications in Go and Ruby.
- Develop rapid prototypes and participate in pair programming.
- Contribute to the knowledge base, Wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
Skills & requirements
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Experience in developing web applications at scale, and can show us your personal/work projects.
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Java, C#, Ruby, Python etc.); model-view-controller framework experience is a plus.
- Be comfortable developing on Linux environments.
- Experience implementing networking and routing functionality (e.g. overlay networks).
- Familiarity with concurrent and parallel programming.
Instructions how to apply
Submit the form on http://rightscale.applytojob.com/apply/lOWsnI/Senior-Software-Engineer.html
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)