Senior Software Engineer - Back End
at Sun Life
› 100% remote position (in the US) (Posted Dec 5 2019)
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Boston, Massachusetts or Remote
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer that brings an interdisciplinary background to help
us solve hard problems. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Create and maintain multiple software services deployed daily.
- Drive software design and architecture decisions
- Follow best practices around Scrum and Kanban agile software methodologies.
- Understand and model a complex industry using techniques such as Domain-Driven
- Pair program with team members.
- Encourage and model good development practices through code reviews and mentoring
- Achieve operational excellence using metrics, monitoring, and alerting.
- Continuously integrate and deploy new software using a CI/CD pipeline.
Our Tech Stack
Maxwell's products are supported by an exciting mix of modern technologies: Our back end
that communicate with each other using gRPC and REST. We store our product data in MySQL,
heavy use of React, Redux, and Styled Components. Services are deployed to a Kubernetes
cluster using a CI/CD pipeline and are hosted on AWS.
- Strong willingness to work and collaborate closely with teammates.
- Strong communication skills and great product sense.
- Experience integrating with third party APIs a plus.
- Experience with software development processes such as test-driven development.
- Ability to architect and diagram complex software systems.
- Experience with and appreciation for developing web based business applications with
complex data structures and workflows.
- Experience with Travis CI, or related continuous delivery service.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Do you not meet all of these requirements? You can still apply and tell us why you still fit.
We welcome all talented engineers, and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in
all its forms. If you think you might thrive in this setting, we would love to hear from you.
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive
Order 11246, Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974,
as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such the
company is committed to taking positive steps to implement the employment-related aspects of
the company’s equal employment opportunity policy. It is the company’s policy to take
affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified minorities,
females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities without regard to their
race/ethnicity, sex, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to 41 CFR -
- 60-300.44(f)(1)(ii) and 741.44(f)(1)(ii), we hereby notify you of our
company policy related to our affirmative action efforts and request appropriate action on your
IT - Application Development
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com