at Bellrock Technology
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › Glasgow (Posted Jun 19 2019)
Bellrock Technology is a high-tech software company based in Glasgow, UK. We were founded in 2012 to help corporates gain insight from their data and increase profitability. Our customers are using live data to become safer, more efficient, more productive and more profitable. We have developed Lumen®, the world’s most advanced predictive analytics deployment platform. Lumen instantly turns trained data science models into live predictive analytics. Its patented AI technology removes traditional integration and deployment challenges, making results immediately available. We currently support blue-chip energy utilities and operations worth millions of pounds daily. Our approach delivers unique insights to decision makers with flexibility and without delay.
The successful candidate will support the continued development and innovation within the Lumen product. In partnership with the CTO, you will have responsibility for planning and further developing the product architecture and further embed AI reasoning within its core functionality. Working in a supportive team environment, you will also co-ordinate the development team and support the interaction between the customer facing team. You will work within an agile team and directly influence the methods and approaches within the company.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced and proven software developer with experience of architecting and leading development activities. You will also have a passion for delivering new software products that deliver value to users. You will bring solid experience to the role and be able to challenge current processes and bring new ideas to the team. You will be comfortable liaising with software developers and internal teams.
We are a growing, product-led business based in the heart of Glasgow’s thriving city centre. We offer a competitive salary, 33 days paid holiday per year and pension contributions. Given our growth ambitions, the company also expects to offer excellent career progression opportunities, potentially of an international nature.
Skills & requirements
- Refine and evolve the architecture for our Lumen product.
- Develop and deliver core platform enhancements.
- Collaborate with the CTO and wider team to enhance the AI functionality within Lumen.
- Co-ordinate the development team activities, and ensure company-wide collaboration for delivery of the product.
- Extensive experience of developing software-as-a-service products and microservices.
- Experience in Java, Python, C++ or other OO language.
- Desire to learn GoLang, our core development language.
- Excellent understanding of SQL Database, NoSQL,JSON and REST API development.
- Experience of graph databases (particularly Neo4J)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of open source,cloud platforms, online security and version control systems
- Awareness and understanding of industry standardsecurity issues and processes
- Proven ability to work within a highly-skilled technical development team
- Experience of Go, this isnt essential but a desire to learn is!
- Experience of driving Agile PM and working practices
- Experience of developing and operating software services of scale
- Experience of dealing with large scale corporate projects
- Awareness and understanding of data protection law and regulations
Company: Bellrock Technology
Other jobs that might be interesting
Mid Full Stack Developer - Network Gaming (July 2020)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
At the end of July we completed bringing the platform in house and we are now looking to build our core development team. Your goal is help take ownership of the full stack, manage the platform, pay down any technical debt accrued, and begin building a network...
Senior Software Engineer (Go) - Form3 (July 2020)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
WHO WE ARE
We’re a tech-first scale-up regarded as one of the hottest payments fintechs in London. Founded in 2016, our cloud-native payments platform is used by over 25 of the most exciting and disruptive banks and fintechs in the world including N26, Holv...
Golang Backend Engineer - Hiveway (June 2020)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Hiveway is a leading shared-cars and subscription-car business operator.
We just finalized our fundraising and want to invest in our tech platform.
We're looking for a seasoned backend Golang engineer to help us design and build our core APIs.