Experienced Backend Engineer - Go
🇺🇸 United States › Remote (Posted Jun 19 2019)
About the company
Theorem is a team of experts steeped in the theory and practice of mathematics and computer science. This is the core of our iterative, hypothesis-driven process. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, Theorem wants to know more about you!
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in simplicity in software design. We deliver solutions for startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio to learn more about the results we’ve delivered for our clients.
This is a remote role. We are a remote first company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We have team members all around the world.
Please note this role may require occasional travel to client sites within the USA. Candidates located within UTC - 3 to UTC - 8 will be given priority for team time zone alignment.
At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
As Experienced Go Engineer at Theorem You Will:
Architect components and build distributed systems, APIs, and web applications
Write lots of high performing Go (golang)
Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, fault-tolerant storage, distributed queuing
Build high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platform
Work with Docker, Kubernetes, and NoSQL databases
Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build features and products
Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team
Skills & requirements
* 5+ years of relevant professional experience
* 1+ years working with Go and 3+ with at least one other programming language
* Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
* Possess a passion for software development
* Possess a drive to get things done
* Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Open-minded and demonstrates a passion for continuously learning
* Possess a strong and reliable Internet connection
* Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC - 8
Skills that would be nice to have:
* Previous consulting experience
* Experience building service-oriented architectures
* Experience building non-REST APIs such as GraphQL
Other jobs that might be interesting
Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Blameless (August 2020)
Remote US/Canada, 100% Remote
Blameless is an end-to-end Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) platform that enables and accelerates proactive and reactive incident management so engineering teams can balance reliability and innovation. Our software helps you set and monitor SLOs and SLAs, coo...
Senior Go Developer - X-Team
Worldwide, 100% Remote
• 3+ years of experience in software development
• Outstanding experience in Go (Golang)
• Experience with RESTful web services
• Experience with relational and graph databases
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Senior Go Blockchain Developer - Spacemesh (July 2020)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency which is permissionless, trust-less, secure and race-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed as a full open source project and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world as a commons under a perm...