at MCCR Recruitment
🇮🇪 Ireland › Galway (Posted Jun 13 2019)
About the company
Blockchain as a services company with operations in East Coast & West Coast USA + Galway, Ireland
MCCR Recruitment is a division of Bitcoin Marketing Team, one of Ireland’s oldest companies that has been working in the blockchain since 2014.
We are happy to inform job seekers of a vacancy with a client based in Ireland who are a rapidly expanding blockchain-as-a-service company with operations in East & West Coast USA, as well as the West of Ireland.
They are seeking an experienced Data Engineer with an interest and experience working with blockchain technologies to join their team and support their clients to build a wide range of applications around multiple blockchains and networks.
This permanent full-time role (subject to six months probation period) role will suit an experienced motivated individual who is able to work for themselves and is comfortable working using code repositories, chat apps, and project management tools to work in a fast-paced environment of continuous integration and deployment. It’s a hands on role that lets you work with some very cool blockchain projects, and will suit someone who likes to solve problems and build solutions.
The family-friendly company allows for flexibility around working hours to suit family life, a very flexible paid time off policy so you’re not stuck for holiday days when you need them, competitive salaries (based on experience) and 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, life and disability cover. They are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity into their team. The role is 100% Work From Home, with some working hours in the early evening Irish time to deal with California, and occasional in-person team meetings in Galway City Centre.
Our Data Engineer’s role will include
- Developing and maintaining reliable, scalable, secure applications
- Develop data ingestion microservices
- Parse & analyze data to identify trends and faults
- Extract, Load & Transform data for delivery to our clients
- Design and Build Elastic Stack (ELK) infrastructure
- Advise our blockchain teams on how to extract data
- Visualisation of data
- Develop internal SDKs
- Plan & execute performance tests.
Skills & requirements
The desired skills and qualifications for this Data Engineer are as follows;
- Relevant Software Engineering/Programming qualification (Bachelors, Masters or above) plus at least six years experience under their belt.
- Proficiency with Golang, or at least one statically typed programming language
- Knowledge of Protocol Buffers (protobuf) and Remote Procedure Calls (gRPC)
- Experience working with encryption
- Experience working with relational & object store databases
- Experience of building products using cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Digital Ocean, Openstack etc.
- Experience building microservices
- Hands on experience with blockchain projects is a bonus, although the role will include an element of upskilling in this area for the successful candidate if they don’t have previous blockchain experience.
Company: MCCR Recruitment
Other jobs that might be interesting
Mid Full Stack Developer - Network Gaming (July 2020)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
At the end of July we completed bringing the platform in house and we are now looking to build our core development team. Your goal is help take ownership of the full stack, manage the platform, pay down any technical debt accrued, and begin building a network...
Senior Software Engineer (Go) - Form3 (July 2020)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
WHO WE ARE
We’re a tech-first scale-up regarded as one of the hottest payments fintechs in London. Founded in 2016, our cloud-native payments platform is used by over 25 of the most exciting and disruptive banks and fintechs in the world including N26, Holv...
Remote Go backend Engineer (UK/EU Only) - Vistas recruitment (June 2020)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
You want to have an influential Go development role in a small team?
Want to work remotely?
Want to work in a secure, cash-healthy company?
My client is a small, cash healthy company...