Software Engineer (Backend) at Scoolio GmbH
🇩🇪 (Posted Apr 2 2019)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
About the job
Scoolio’s mission is to digitalize students’ lives. We strive to support them throughout their whole day by providing the best organization tools at their hand. By connecting schools, classes, and students through Scoolio we support them collaborating and helping them getting through intense days.
We’re seeking for someone helping us working on our backend software. Our existing codebase is mainly written in ASP.NET but gets shifted towards Go (Gophers are hence happily welcome!). We’re using MySQL as the underlying database system and connect to our iOS and Android apps via REST/swagger. We’re in the process of migrating from our on-premise architecture to Google Cloud and believe in the principles of Site Reliability Engineering and automate wherever possible.
Skills & requirements
- Open minded, communicative, and willingness to learn
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- Familiar with at least two high level languages (such as Python, PHP, C#, Go, etc.)
- You should breathe Gitflow and agile best practices
- Ability to write future-proof code which scales from 1 to 10^6 requests per minute
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with kubernetes, gRPC/swagger, and Google Cloud is a plus
Working at Scoolio
- Competitive salary and stock options in an early-stage startup
- Not from Dresden? We help you relocate & tackle bureaucracy
- Opportunity for personal & professional growth by providing course fee reimbursements and conference participations
- Flexible working hours
- Freebies such as fruits, cereals, soft drinks
- Regular events with the best team available
- Hardware setup of your dreams
- Modern office in the heart of Dresden with