Tech Lead at Omaze
Los Angeles, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jan 21 2019)
About the company
Omaze’s mission is to transform lives by leveraging the power of storytelling and technology. Our model democratizes traditional auction-giving by offering people everywhere the chance to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience for as little as a $10 donation. To continue raising money for hundreds of nonprofits around the world, we’re growing our team of smart, dedicated and passionate world changers! That’s where you come in.
Omaze's engineering team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us grow in 2019 and beyond. We have a unique product, passionate customers, and global reach. We need a bold Lead to inspire a team of exceptional engineers building awesome stuff. You'll manage a team of 4-6 software engineers on a project-basis, establish a results-oriented work environment based on accountability, lead and contribute to code reviews/technical architecture discussions, and provide best practices with regards to design, code, and release processes. We're a collaborate, fun group using React, Redux, and Go.
Skills & requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Demonstrated experience with several programming languages, and deep knowledge of at least one object-oriented language
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in technical and non-technical cohorts
- Proven ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise
- Familiar and comfortable with modern technologies, tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- Passionate about helping others and a team-focused approach towards software development