Golang Engineer at Spring Labs
Los Angeles, Chicago or Remote, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jun 18 2018)
About the company
Spring Labs is building a more transparent, efficient, and secure ecosystem to exchange credit and identity information using the blockchain.
- Remote work possible
We are looking for a Golang Engineer to join the Spring Labs team in building a new way for institutions and consumers to securely share credit and identity on the blockchain, disrupting a $100B+ global institutional ecosystem and creating societal-level benefit for consumers.
In this role, you will handle core development of the Spring Network, a protocol-level fork of Ethereum's Geth client deployed across nodes on a decentralized network.
You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer, as well as our blockchain architecture team and specialists in cryptography and distributed systems engineering. You will also have exposure to the "industry side", helping translate business requirements from the credit and identity space into technical specifications.
Prominent contributions to open-source blockchain projects or a prior background in FinTech, fraud, identity, or credit is a plus.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will deploy private forks of the Ethereum network
- You will develop the core Go application powering the Spring network, including off-chain communication
- You will craft custom RPC calls within the Geth Ethereum client to expand on-chain communication capabilities
- You will mentor other senior engineers on low-level Ethereum implementation details
- You will maintain a well-tested codebase with continuous integration and coverage reporting
- You will champion an atmosphere of open-source contribution and code collaboration
Skills & requirements
- You are excited to join an early stage startup and comfortable handling multiple roles
- You have 4+ years of experience in Golang or a similar systems-level programming language such as C++ or Java
- You have a solid academic background in algorithms, relational databases, and networking, and possess a computer science degree or equivalent
- You are fascinated by the technology behind blockchain and consensus algorithms
- You are self-directed and willing to help scale and define the team, dev culture, and tech process
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL):
- You have industry experience in blockchain development (e.g., Ethereum, Solidity, truffle, bitcoin contracts, etc.)
- You are an active contributor to open-source projects
- An understanding of applied cryptographic principles (asymmetric versus symmetric encryption, digital signatures, hashing, message authentication)
- Previous experience in FinTech, including fraud, payments and credit
- You have experience with complex deployment pipelines using tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)