Senior Golang Engineer (Amsterdam) at Poki
🇳🇱 (Posted Jun 6 2018)
About the company
Let the world play! At Poki, play is how we learn. That's why we’re on a mission to create the ultimate online playground. With tons of games for players of all ages, we’re bringing fun to the next level.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
Do you want to design, build and maintain code and infrastructure that lets 30 million users play?
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. We bring fun games to kids of all ages, while helping game developers achieve success on web and mobile. Our roots are on the web, but we're expanding to bring fun to our users on all platforms. We're looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our Amsterdam office. Are you interested in building the foundation that will help us grow to 100 million users and beyond? Then read on!
As a Golang Developer, you will be joining our experienced development team, and be responsible for the infrastructure and code powering a game platform that brings fun to tens millions of users. You'll build features in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
- Support, develop and enhance our highly available / scalable cloud agnostic infrastructure
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit
- Design, build and maintain the new backend of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond
- Maintain stability and scalability of an infrastructure handling over 100,000 concurrent active users
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world
- Work with large sets of data and contribute to our machine-learning recommendation algorithms
- Microservices on Google Cloud
- Mostly Go on the back-end (we’re still migrating some legacy)
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Container Builder for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
- Prometheus w/ Grafana for monitoring
- MySQL, BigQuery & Redis for storage
Skills & requirements
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby
- Have a deep understanding of modern-day web technologies
- Have hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration/development tools.
- Have a solid understanding of design patterns and best practices
- Have a “more effort now to save effort later” mentality
- Have a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code
- Live in the Netherlands or willing to move to the Netherlands (we offer Visa Sponsorship)
- Experience with Go and Node.js would be cool, but we believe any good programmer can easily pick up a new language. Your skills, smarts and vision are way more important
- Open-source project contributions
Instructions how to apply
Please send us an overview of projects that you are really proud of :). --> you can apply on this page: https://jobs.lever.co/poki/36ac5986-38bb-4a6f-a4d2-342af8397f89/apply
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)