Blockchain Developer at Ethereum Classic
Remote, United Kingdom (Posted Jan 17 2017)
About the company
At Ethereum Classic we develop a next gen implementation of Blockchain platform with the main focus on flexibility and Smart Contract execution on blockchain. We're trying to change how distributed applications will work in a decentralized world, join us to be part of something special.
Ethereum Classic (https://ethereumclassic.github.io/) is an independent community driven blockchain continued after EF (a foundation originally started Ethereum blockchain) moved to a separate fork by introducing censoring transactions into their blockchain. Ethereum Classic community opposed that fork and kept original chain, because it believes in Blockchain Immutability and Code Is Law principles of blockchain. Since the fork Ethereum Classic clients and tools are supported by community developers.
Permanent / Freelance
- Remote work possible
This is 100% remote position.
We’re maintaining and adding new features to Geth Ethereum client, which is written in Go. This is an Open Source software hosted on GitHub.
We need a person to lead the project, who can make architectural decisions and set goals and priorities. He/she should have a prior experience with blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and be comfortable to work in distributed team as a lead.
ETC has a community based worldwide, and collaboration with these international members is crucial. We keep in touch with the global community, outside the core dev, who are working hard to further the cause of open, neutral and immutable blockchain tech. The global team collaborates over a public slack channel and all documentation and code is shared on dedicated Github pages.
Skills & requirements
* 7 years of software development experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Go, Haskell or Ocaml (at least one)
* 1 year of Go programming experience
* Experience with Rust is big plus
* Familiar with Git and Linux
* Proficient with spoken/written English, excellent communications stills
* Good practices documenting, writing and maintaining clean code
* Solid understanding of Networking, Databases, Cryptography and Blockchain
* Degree in Computer Science preferred with projects connected to this space
* Track record of Open Source contributions
* Experience of building distributed applications
* Self motivated, can take initiative and feel comfortable both working alone and part of a team
Instructions how to apply
Please send us your full CV, cover letter AND links to Github and StackOverflow accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Company website: Ethereum Classic
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)