London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Aug 2 2016)
About the company
We’re powering the age of strong simulation.
Improbable is developing SpatialOS; a distributed operating system that makes building simulated worlds possible. Simulated worlds provide unique insight to those asking questions of complex systems. As well as enabling completely new experiences in gaming, simulated worlds can solve significant problems in areas as diverse as defence, energy, city efficiency, health, and finance.
We are funded by Andreessen Horowitz, as well as a carefully selected group of experienced entrepreneurs and investors with roots in some of the biggest technology success stories of the last decade. Our collective mission is to power the age of strong simulation, that we believe can enrich and inspire humanity.
- Egoless teamwork
- Craftsmanship & execution
- Aim High
- Improvement over Comfort
- Unlimited Holiday
- Catered Breakfast + Lunch everyday (inc snacks, fruit, drinks)
- Monthly Socials
- Weekly Town Hall with CEO
- Pragmatic Work/Life Balance
- Life concierge (for relocation, parties, and much more!)
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
You will be primarily responsible for enabling the use of our unique technology through the creation of rich, highly interactive, complex web applications that will be used to grow simulated worlds. In addition, you will be building a complementary ecosystem of tooling around our core technology in conjunction with teams across the business. You can expect to work on a number of currently secret projects in this varied, multifaceted role, but will summarily be expected to:
- Build single-page WebApps using ES6, React & Redux as well as the backend services that power them which are written in Go.
- Autonomously take projects from vague design specs/prototypes to fully featured, production-ready web applications that will be used by a wide range of users
- Develop a world class, web based platform as well as specialised tooling, to help users understand and grow simulations that can contain billions of complex entities
- Enable users to manipulate persistent, simulated worlds in a real time environment
- Create a set of foundation features that will act as the basis of an interactive community offering feedback, iteration and sharing ideas
Skills & requirements
- Experience writing backend services in Go
- Experience working succesfully with Product teams and gathering requirements
- Able to work in cross-functional teams and iterate with different employees
- Interest in distributed cloud-based systems and associated technologies (Go, GRPC, Apache Thrift, Docker etc)
Instructions how to apply
You can apply here: https://improbable.io/about/careers/53867/ or email email@example.com directly!
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)