Remote › 100% remote position (in European timezone)(Posted Jun 14 2022)
About the company An omnichannel communications platform, built for global scale. Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
What’s my job title? Senior Software Engineer (Go)
Where in the world? You can work remotely from anywhere within the EMEA regions
Working hours? For this role, you will operate within any EU timezones
What language(s) are required? Fluency in English
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
**What You'll Do**
* Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
* Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
* Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
* Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
* You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
**What You'll Bring**
* At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
Strong experience in Golang is a must.
* Experience dealing with high traffic applications (1M+ requests per day) is a must
* Strong experience working with relational and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
* Experience with high-throughput relational database deployments
* Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
* Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
* Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a must.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
**What You’ll Gain**
Work from anywhere
Generous stock options for all Birds
WFH set-up budget
State-of-the-art work gear
Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We call ourselves Birds!
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
**Ready To Fly?**
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 750 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/remote-golang-job-fbx-Remote-Europe-Senior-Golang-Engineer-MessageBird-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]