Senior CDN DevOps Software Engineer at Apple Inc
Santa Clara Valley, California, United States (Posted Jun 25 2014)
About the company
Apple Inc. is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers.
Apple is looking for a Senior CDN DevOps Software Engineer to join the Global Network Services (GNS) team. This person will work in a smallish dynamic team environment and be responsible for supporting Apple’s CDN Infrastructure. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide operational support across a complex, global infrastructure. This person must be a collaborative team player that will work across cross-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others and have a sound business approach for supporting a global deployment. The role is an “operations” role, but like other sane people we operate with software development as much as possible. We use Go, Perl, Python, shell scripts and other tools as the work requires.
You will evaluate, test, develop, implement, and support solutions to address a variety of business requirements. You will support the global Content Delivery and DNS Infrastructure. Troubleshoot performance issues within the infrastructure using both open source and commercial tools. Manage a daily queue of tickets within documented SLAs. Be part of on-call rotation. Participate and drive changes in accordance with our change management practices. Participate on implementation teams to integrate new designs into production with minimal impact to operations. Develop and drive written procedures and standards. Develop software to drive automation and self-service. Directly interface and coordinate with other internal business groups and external partners. Drive Root Cause Analysis after unscheduled outages.
Skills & requirements
• 8+ years experience with “internet infrastructure”
• Ability to work independently but also within a team environment
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Extensive hands-on experience with solutions in regards to large scale internet infrastructure
• Solid UNIX skills (Linux and/or FreeBSD)
• Solid scripting skills (Shell Scripting, Perl, Python)
• Interest or experience with Go (golang) programming
• C/C++ knowledge
• Knowledge of networking and security
• Knowledge of IPv6, DNS (servers and protocol), DNSSEC, and BGP Anycast a plus
• Experience with standard change management and configuration policies (get work done while not breaking things).
• Experience with monitoring tools (both open source and commercial)
BS or MS in computer science or related field; 8+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.
Instructions how to apply
see the job website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)