About the company Getting to know people in an entertaining way – this is what LOVOO stands for. Founded in 2011, the company has belonged to the US-based The Meet Group Inc. since 2017 and has been part of the newly founded ParshipMeet Group in which the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE holds a majority stake, since September 2020. The LOVOO GmbH is committed to connecting people – in the digital and real world – in form of a dating app that enables people to meet people directly in their area or on entertaining live streams. LOVOO is as diverse as its users and offers a multitude of ways to interact with others. Swipe, match, flirt, send icebreakers or use the radar – all this makes the online dating world even more exciting. Those who are looking for more can use LOVOO Live to freely express themselves, get creative and become part of a community. A team of some 170 passionate and motivated employees proactively works towards making this mission a reality. This has allowed LOVOO GmbH to become a leading dating app in the German-speaking world.
Diverse – authentic – entertaining. That is LOVOO.
We are looking for a knowledge thirsty Backend Engineer (m/f/d) who will join one of our international cross-functional Product teams – team “Marquee”. The team is currently working on the “Daily Surprise” feature in our app. You would help to ensure that our users receive a delightful gift every day. Besides that team Marquee is also working to establish a gRPC communication between the app and the backend to get rid of our current REST API’s.
By the way, the name “Marquee” was selected by the team itself. Apply now and find out about why.
+++ We are currently working fully remote+++
Currently our LOVOO team is working from home in Germany to provide our employees with the best possible protection in the pandemic situation. Our LOVOOians work and live primarily in Dresden & Berlin, where our locations are also located. In post-COVID times, the advertised position is intended for both locations, Dresden & Berlin, and it is not a 100% remote position. Of course, there will be a comprehensive home office concept afterwards and working from home will be possible in some extent.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Own the full lifecycle of specific features and product areas from design to release
- Program mostly in Go and Typescript within a group of experienced Developers committed to learning, sharing and continual improvement to fulfill our goals
- Working with data on a high scale in a microservice and event-based architecture
- Participation from the software architecture design and selection of technologies to implementation of new services in cooperation with our Mobile and Quality Assurance Engineers
- Constant monitoring and improvement of our existing backend services with a high demand for a smooth implementation
- Possibility to attend at conferences and further education through online courses and trainings
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Several years experience in working with relational databases and non-relational data stores
- Experience in one of these languages: Go, Python, Ruby, PHP
- Proficiency in git, Docker and containers
- A high passion for software quality, including testing, code review and documentation
- Solid understanding of common tools and best practices as well as a knowledge of Kubernetes and Helm is an advantage
- Experience with GCP – Google Cloud Platform or any other Cloud Provider, Terraform, and CI/CD tools are highly desirable
- Comprehension of gRPC web service design, implementation and maintenance are a strong plus
- Reliable and structured way of working as well as a doer mentality and a goal orientation
- A focused and solution oriented working methodology
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Development and significant involvement in shaping your area of responsibility
- Professional and personal development through feedback talks, language courses, webinars and coaching as well as in-house events on a regular basis
- A motivated and international team
- Collaborative work in cross-functional teams and an intensive exchange with our parent company “ParshipMeet Group”
- The opportunity to actively participate in international conferences and local Meetups
- Modern offices with a billiard table, foosball table and ergonomic office equipment right in the heart of Dresden and Berlin
- Flexible working hours, home office and a great work-life balance
- Assistance with relocation for international employees
- Job ticket for the public transportation for Dresden or Berlin
- Comprehensive selection of drinks, fresh fruits, smoothies as well as a rich daily breakfast buffet
- Diverse sports and health offerings plus our own LOVOO Gym
- Collaborative, cross-departmental cooperation and an intensive exchange with our parent company "The Meet Group“
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-els-Senior-Backend-Engineer-Berlin-Dresden-LOVOO.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]