Kubernetes Site Reliability Engineer at flanksource
Worldwide, 100% remote position (Posted Dec 20 2019)
flanksource is a niche consultancy focusing exclusively on Kubernetes and the Cloud Native ecosystem. We help companies navigate the CNCF landscape by evaluating and integrating technology into an infrastructure continuous delivery pipeline, tailored to each customer's particular environment and stack.
We are looking for thinkers with a bias for action, who love the Kubernetes community as much as we do.
- Develop tooling, tests and automation for an enterprise-grade Kubernetes platform using immutable infrastructure and GitOps principles.
- Review code and configuration changes of both colleagues and customers.
- Evaluate and integrate cloud-native technologies, contributing features and bug-fixes back upstream when necessary.
- Be part of an on-call rotation (paid) and work to reduce both the number and MTTR of incidents.
- Remote first culture - work from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible working hours - Choose both when and how much you work, we accommodate full-time employees/contractors, part-timers and weekend warriors.
- Paid contribution to open-source projects in and around the kubernetes eco-system.
- Annual development budget to spend on conferences, books, courses, etc..
- Deep understanding of kubernetes and containers (i.e. be a Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or working towards it)
- Experience writing Go, or a desire to learn.
- Experience designing, operating or building distributed systems.
- Strong Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Some knowledge of DevOps principles and tools.
- Some knowledge of public or private cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, vSphere).
- Be able to empathise with enterprise application developers using Spring Boot/Weblogic.
Bonus Points for:
- Contributions and/or a passion for open source.
- Kubernetes operator and controller development.
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com