Remote › 100% remote position (in Europe timezone)(Posted Oct 9 2019)
About the company Heetch is a ride-sharing platform powering thousands of rides everyday in France, Belgium and multiple French-speaking countries in Africa. We provide a mobility solution allowing people to move around the city in an affordable yet reliable way by turning a moment as simple as a ride into an unexpectedly positive experience. Founded in 2013 with headquarters in Paris, Heetch has completed its series B funding in order to accelerate its international growth and build the future of mobility. With more than 2 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing startups coming out of France. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
⚠️Important note before applying 🙏:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Driver Acquisition Team @Heetch
We're a multi-disciplinary product team on a mission to Revolutionise our European and International Drivers platform. Our team deploys all the features our drivers need to easily signup, register and get trained to start driving with Heetch 🚗
At Heetch, we are committed to provide a great mobility solution, and an enjoyable experience for all our users : passengers AND drivers 💚
Everyday in the Driver Acquisition team, we aim at building a nice, easy to use app all our drivers will enjoy!
We're looking for product-focused, user-centered Engineers, that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale (our app is used every day by thousands of drivers all across the world 🌍). We hire for talent and team fit, not location, that's why members of our team are based remotely all throughout Europe.
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon.
• Services owned by our teams are written in Go.
• We follow community guidelines and best practices.
Our team's values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
• Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
• The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
• Team Unity: No one is left behind.
• Code quality: It's not software without tests.
Does it sound like you?
• You are passionate and excited about Golang.
• You've got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
• You've worked with microservices in production.
• You're eager to improve on and push boundaries with Go, just like we are! 🚀
• You show track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
• You have a full event-driven mindset.
• You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
• You are ready to make an impact on the drivers' use of our app, and you have a growth mindset.
+ If you've worked with Ruby and Kafka in production, it's a plus :)
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production 🚢
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
• Maintain and work on the Authentication layer of Heetch.
• Help design and build, from the ground up, a modularised signup platform to fuel our growth and expansion plans.
• Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby), into our event-driven architecture.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
What will be your main challenges?
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the Driver Acquisition team is immense and will help facilitate the companies continued growth. This team is responsible for the entire acquisition and signup suite of products, which includes but is not limited to, Driver signup & application, Driver referral and Driver onboarding & training 🚗 as well as building tools for the Ops and Care teams that manage driver applications. Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
Help us spread good vibes with Heetch !
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Interview with a Technical Recruiter (45mn)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future Engineering Manager (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) to meet your future teammates and stakeholders
Check out our Engineering Blog (https://eng.heetch.com/) and follow our twitter (https://twitter.com/heetcheng)
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here: https://oss.heetch.com/
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-dht-Remote-Europe-Senior-Backend-Engineer-Heetch-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]
Mid Full Stack Developer - Network Gaming(July 2020) Worldwide, 100% Remote
At the end of July we completed bringing the platform in house and we are now looking to build our core development team. Your goal is help take ownership of the full stack, manage the platform, pay down any technical debt accrued, and begin building a network...
Golang Backend Engineer - Hiveway(June 2020) Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Hiveway is a leading shared-cars and subscription-car business operator.
We just finalized our fundraising and want to invest in our tech platform.
We're looking for a seasoned backend Golang engineer to help us design and build our core APIs.