Go Engineer - k6 OSS maintainer at Load Impact / k6
Stockholm (or REMOTE), Sweden
🇸🇪 (Posted Jul 10 2019)
About the company
Load Impact is the world’s most widely used online load testing service, with over 100,000 users from 190+ countries and over 6 million executed load tests!
We are a small company but very experienced in developing applications for performance testing and monitoring. We started out as a software development consulting company way back in 2000, developing performance test and measurement software for customers such as Nasdaq and the European Space Agency. We built both, low-level networking software and high-level web user interfaces and became quite good. At Load Impact, we pride ourselves on understanding the lower levels of networked applications while at the same time realizing the importance of UX. In 2009 we launched loadimpact.com, becoming a product company rather than a consulting company, and we have never looked back.
More information about us: https://k6.io/ and https://loadimpact.com/
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
You will be one of three lead developers and maintainers of k6, a modern open source tool for performance testing, written in Go. k6 was released publicly in early 2017 and has already received over 5,000 stars on Github and has an active community of users and contributors.
You will have a lot of influence on the project road map and will work with a high degree of autonomy, building and maintaining the tool.
Your responsibilities will be to both write code, extending the functionality of k6, and to maintain the code base, interface with the user community (i.e. review patches :) and potentially evangelize the tool. Your main, long-term goal will be to create the best possible tool and to get as many people as possible to use it.
You'll also be involved with the k6 cloud integration, Load Impact's commercial service built on top of k6. Specifically the parts of the cloud service written in Go, that orchestrates a distributed k6 test across 10+ data centers around the world.
Due to our small teams and fast development pace, you will have a substantial and immediate impact on how the end product is architected, developed, and how the engineering team operates. Most importantly, you will work with competent colleagues and will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in different directions.
Skills & requirements
We are looking for a person combining very strong programming skills with experience in contributing to open-source projects.
- Have a strong programming background and experience developing applications in Go
- Good technical communication skills
- Understand internet protocols well, primarily IP, TCP, HTTP but also preferably HTTP/2, SPDY, WebSockets, QUIC, gRPC
- Be familiar with modern development processes and practices. Preferably having recent experience developing large scale applications
It is great if you also:
- Have worked in open source projects, either as a heavy contributor or, even better, as maintainer for projects with multiple contributors
- Have experience working with web performance, testing & optimization
- Have experience working with network performance, testing & optimization
- Know about things like Docker, AWS, microservices architecture, DataDog/APM tools
- You should have a GitHub (or similar) account where we can look at the code you have written.
Load Impact is a remote-first company. If you are located in Stockholm, you can work from the office, otherwise, you can work 100% remotely.
Instructions how to apply
Apply through https://loadimpacte4.applytojob.com/apply/utlvKOlILJ/Go-Developer-K6-OSS-Maintainer or just send me an email email@example.com
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)