at techfolk, on behalf of Third Light
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › Remote Or Cambridge (Posted Jun 5 2019)
About the company
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, Bridgestone and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products. We're an equal opportunities employer. https://www.thirdlight.com
*Located:* just outside Cambridge, UK; on the bus route, and commutable from Cambridge city centre, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Peterborough, Saffron Walden, St. Neots etc.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Third Light is hiring a back-end developer, either a seasoned Go developer or a back-end developer looking to cross-train to Go.
You may work remotely as your full-time arrangement, joining a team that already includes remote workers.
This is about delivering sophisticated new application-level capabilities for our state-of-the-art software service that helps companies manage and share their digital media files easily – features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
We're a small and expanding software development team, building an enterprise application with a highly-polished UI, using the very best and latest techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We're agile and manage our work using a gentle Kanban process with daily stand-ups and we encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
*Upcoming projects within the team*
* Create a metrics & reporting system to track usage of features, document downloads and image views
* Implement a full SFTP client & server interface to integrate with SLR Cameras and legacy systems
* Extend workflow and automation microservices to create intuitive automated channel publishing tools
* Implement a scripting layer, API proxy and key-value storage engine for template-publishing tool
* Create a chat server that provides in-app chat while integrating with external chat systems (e.g. Slack)
* Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
* < your idea here! >
*Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed*
*Salary and benefits*
* £40,000 - £55,000+ negotiable - we're keeping an open mind
* Contributory pension scheme
* 25 days holiday + public holidays | flexible hours | bicycle and free car parking| on site cafe | good coffee and tea | fresh fruit | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
*If you wish to work remotely:* to help you get up to speed, you'll work at our office for the first few weeks then return to the office for two or three weeks each year for knowledge sharing. Most other meetings can be done via video chat though we may occasionally require attendance in person, with prior arrangement. We'll cover reasonable travel expenses and accommodation costs. We'll also cover reasonable costs incurred from running your home office.
*Timing:* you may join right away, or any time before early autumn
Skills & requirements
*We're looking for*
* Someone who's positive about Go and wishes to learn and embrace this exciting language
* Proven back end coding skills, in a Linux environment e.g. any of; Go, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Erlang, Haskell, Ruby
* An enthusiasm for continuous unit and integration testing
* Skills designing, building, testing and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
* Ability to maintain and support a large, live, production codebase
* Familiarity with relational databases e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment preferably within a Git-based workflow
* Optionally, familiarity with porting an OO monolith to a microservice architecture and/or OO PHP
* Someone considering mid level back-end Developer jobs such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer etc.
*You may bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of the following*
* Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
* Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
* Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
* Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Company: techfolk, on behalf of Third Light
Other jobs that might be interesting
Mid Full Stack Developer - Network Gaming (July 2020)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
At the end of July we completed bringing the platform in house and we are now looking to build our core development team. Your goal is help take ownership of the full stack, manage the platform, pay down any technical debt accrued, and begin building a network...
Senior Software Engineer (Go) - Form3 (July 2020)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
WHO WE ARE
We’re a tech-first scale-up regarded as one of the hottest payments fintechs in London. Founded in 2016, our cloud-native payments platform is used by over 25 of the most exciting and disruptive banks and fintechs in the world including N26, Holv...
Remote Go backend Engineer (UK/EU Only) - Vistas recruitment (June 2020)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
You want to have an influential Go development role in a small team?
Want to work remotely?
Want to work in a secure, cash-healthy company?
My client is a small, cash healthy company...