Senior Go Developer
at Verisart, Inc.
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › London (Posted Feb 20 2019)
About the company
Verisart applies blockchain technology to combine transparency, anonymity and security to protect your records of creation and ownership. Verisart is building evidentiary infrastructure for artworks and collectibles that is verifiable by anyone. Create a museum quality record for any object in 2 easy steps using your mobile device or computer. Records are encrypted and timestamped by the world’s most-trusted decentralized ledger. Certificates are easy to manage and can be shared or transferred at any time. Verisart is building a new global standard for art certification and verification.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
**Who we are**
Verisart, the world's first blockchain certification platform for the art market, is seeking developers to join its London office in Mayfair.
If you're interested in distributed ledger technologies and want be at the forefront of a new decentralized title registry for creators, we want to hear from you.
Our clients range from ecommerce sites to galleries and leading artists such as Shepard Fairey. We believe the era of paper certificates is over and are building evidence-based methods of certifying and verifying artworks using AI-powered image recognition.
While understanding the mathematical fundamentals of cryptography is great, it's not essential if you appreciate how cryptographic techniques like hashing and message signing work together to solve real problems.
Above all we want people with passion and an entrepreneurial drive willing to work in a small team alongside exceptional talents.
For more information, please visit our website: http://verisart.com
**What we’re looking for**
We’re currently seeking a Senior Golang Backend Engineer to take a leading role in developing the Verisart platform, joining our team in the heart of Mayfair, London.
- Taking a leading role in architectural design of the Verisart platform
- Developing new service while incrementally improving the system’s current features
- Applying testing principles and liaise with QA engineers to track and improve product robustness
- Supporting the ongoing refactoring and improvement of the Verisart codebase
- Working within an agile methodology, driven by weekly sprints
- Supporting the business team by providing valuable input on the development roadmap for the product
Skills & requirements
- 2+ years experience with Go
- Extensive experience with automated testing
- Experience designing and maintaining RESTful APIs in production
- 2+ years experience with relational databases, ideally Postgres
- Experience designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Experience building well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Experience with cloud technologies (Heroku, AWS or Google Cloud)
- Interest in Blockchain and Bitcoin
- Experience in security and cryptography is an asset
- Experience with DevOps (build automation, Docker, CI/CD, alerting, monitoring)