Senior Software Engineer - Go / 3D data at Andiamo
Gdansk, Poland (Posted Mar 7 2018)
About the company
Andiamo is a healthcare technology company that is on a mission to solve global healthcare problems.
Our first focus? A radically new approach to the global orthotics industry.
Orthoses are life changing devices used in the treatment of a wide array of conditions including cerebral palsy, stroke and diabetes. They support correction of deformities, reduce the need for invasive corrective surgery, and importantly promote and enable freedom of movement and mobility.
At Andiamo, we develop technology, products, and services that can be delivered at global scale to give this freedom to everyone. Our platform makes sense of clinical and 3D body data to determine an individual’s biomechanical need, and intelligently provide recommendations on how best to assist them. We use state-of-the-art 3D scanners for data capture, and advanced manufacturing (e.g. 3D printing) for medical device production. Our platform has the ability to automate the creation and delivery of the highest quality, and most advanced external custom medical devices, to any place on the planet, within one week.
We are in the process of expanding our R&D and delivery teams in the UK (London) and Poland (Gdansk) and we are seeking people from a variety of backgrounds and all experience-levels.
Come join us at Andiamo and help us change lives!
- Remote work is NOT possible
Interested in working with 3D data? Love Go? Want to make an impact on the lives of a 100 million people?
As a software engineer at Andiamo you will predominantly focus on storing and processing patient and 3D data, as well as integrating with healthcare organisations, 3D printers and other partners in the supply chain.
We’re quite flexible with experience level because we all have different career paths and interest areas. An initial experience with Go would be great, but it's not a deal breaker. We can imagine that coming from a Java, Python or Node background will work well. We do require you to have a sound understanding of how the internet works and some of the challenges of building distributed systems. During our initial conversations we will go into the details of building REST APIs, HTTP and status codes, how to test distributed systems, failures, integration best practices, etc. We’re still learning every day and are very much looking forward to learning from you as well.
You will be working closely with your colleagues in Gdansk and London, with occasional travel required.
Note to recruitment agencies: Andiamo does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies, nor do we accept any T&Cs and fees if we engage with any of the presented candidates directly.
Skills & requirements
You should be comfortable in the following and most of our discussions will focus on this:
- Designing and building backend APIs and integrations so a thorough understanding of HTTP, REST, integration patterns, failure, testing, etc is required. We use Go for building our APIs with negroni and gorilla as the foundation.
- Designing and building web applications that are exposed to the internet, so understanding things like OWASP, common web security vulnerabilities, performance, etc. We currently use Go templates but are considering React and React Native clients in the future.
- Testing distributed systems: we use the standard Go tests for the internal tests and use Selenium with webdriver.io for frontend applications.
- Basic IT support: we’re a tiny team so that means we occasionally need to set up a new computer for a colleague, check some logs on our file server or troubleshoot the coffee machine (the usual tech duties that you do for your family and friends…)
We’re a tiny team so we expect everyone to work across the whole stack. Don’t worry, we all have our focus areas and interest but you should be excited to start learning the following:
- Amazon Web Services infrastructure: we’re currently using a fairly standard set of AWS products (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, DynamoDB, etc). All of this is managed with Terraform scripting and our CI environment is set up with a combination of Codeship and AWS CodeDeploy.
- 3D data formats (e.g. OBJ or STL), Blender 3D, Python or other CAD related technologies
- Security and compliance: we’re a healthcare technology company that deals with patient data so there is a big focus on data protection, encryption, audit trails, etc. Don’t worry, we still deploy multiple times per day and we don't use locked-down Windows XP computers with Remote Desktop clients.
Instructions how to apply
Apply here https://andiamo.workable.com/j/71FE5C919E or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)