Golang Backend Engineer at Opinary GmbH
Berlin, Germany (Posted Mar 5 2018)
About the company
- Your technical chops will impact todays debates and help distribute relevant content, to interested audiences, on significant publishing networks.
- We have a diverse and open culture with different professional and personal backgrounds
- Our small and agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively.
- We value personal growth and continuous learning: you’ll receive a learning budget to support this
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours and holidays
- You can freely choose your hardware between mac or linux systems
Permanent / Freelance
As an Opinary Backend Developer you’ll become part of a cross functional team whose platform intuitively visualises complex debates, making polling interactive for over 50 million monthly users. Our publisher partners are global leading media platforms like Bild, Spiegel Online, The Guardian, Time Magazine, The Independent, Huffington Post and many more.
Skills & requirements
- You have great practical knowledge of Golang and at least one other programming language
- You’ve got significant experience working on high performance distributed systems - with a story or two to share about that process
- Your judgement on choosing a database technology (SQL or NoSQL) is not based exclusively on technological fads
- You understand that tracing, profiling and in general measuring things is a better approach, then just guessing why “stuff” doesn’t work
- You value coding as your craft and understand that writing software is about solving technical problems - but equally important something to be maintained and understood by your peers
- You’re proactive and curious: always eager to learn new things and happy to share your knowledge with others
- Run, maintain and design new microservices that live inside a big Golang monorepo
- Work on a high performance system that equally uses RPC and an event-bus paradigm to serve thousands of concurrent requests
- Interact with our Google Cloud Platform infrastructure that re-uses a huge part of the google ecosystem: e.g. BigQuery, Pub/Sub, AppEngine, Kubernetes
- Switch confidently between in-memory storage (redis), traditional RDBMS systems (mysql) and columnar storage systems (Datastore/Bigtable)
- Work in a collaborative environment, finding solutions to business challenges with team members from a variety of disciplines like Data Science, Business Intelligence or Product.
- Own and move a project ahead in its full lifecycle: design, implementation, testing and deployment.
Instructions how to apply
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know why you'd be excited to join and attach 1 - 2 references where we can check out your work (e.g. github, blog, etc…).
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)