Sr. Software Engineer / QA Engineer / DevOps / Data Scientist at Agrarian Labs
Austin, Texas, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jan 30 2018)
About the company
Agrarian Labs is an AgTech startup and is a South by Southwest (SXSW) finalist. Our product, Leaf, is an automated business intelligence application for farmers. Leaf launched commercially in Spring 2017 and we're ramping up for significant growth in 2018.
Who You'll Work With and What We're Here For:
Our team is on a journey to build the best company in AgTech. We're here to help make farmers more sustainable, more profitable, and more successful. Today we're a diverse, multidisciplinary team valuing a wide breadth of experience:
Some of us have graduate computer science degrees, some are self-taught creatives.
We grew from educations as wide ranging as Stanford, EPITECH and boot camps.
We've learned from amazing companies including BCG, Deloitte, and EPIC Health Systems, small farms, agribusinesses, and numerous tech startups.
In our early stage we have extraordinary ownership within the company. As a result our culture grows from within: its not an arbitrary business gimmick. We value strong combinations of self-awareness, talent, and pragmatism.
Self-awareness leads to an atmosphere of collaboration and idea meritocracy.
Talent enables us to tackle challenging problems, find passion for learning, and build mutual trust.
Pragmatism supports mature choices, prioritization, and transparency when overcoming awesome problems.
You can find out more about Agrarian Labs here: https://www.leaf.ag/our-company
- Remote work is NOT possible
Agrarian Labs is an AgTech startup and a South by Southwest (SXSW) finalist looking to fill Software Engineering positions as well as Data Scientist and DevOps roles.
1. Build and evolve API integrations such as John Deere to mine data spanning imagery, crop nutrients, and machine statistics.
2. Develop data pipelines and proprietary algorithms (including Machine Learning) that transform raw data into information and knowledge that farmers can take action from.
3. Work with and on our micro services deployment, cloud infrastructure, and development tooling.
Technologies We Use Collectively:
AWS, Docker, ElasticSearch
Postgres, PostGIS, NSQ, Redis, RDS
1. 3+ "believable, successful" experiences in software development. This includes non-trivial success with previous companies, products, education, etc.
2. Experience overcoming complex software problems. Examples might include implementing saga patterns for distributed computing problems, designing and deploying ETL processes, or creating supervision structures to handle unstable API connections.
3. Knowledge of how computing systems function and operate, including data stores, concurrency models, compilation, testing, and static analysis.
Benefits & Perks:
1. Full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
2. Flexible work structure (hours, locale, etc)
3. Take-care of yourself to take care of the company perspective for vacation, time off, etc.
4. Team bonding events
We are looking to fill multiple positions including:
1. Sr. Software engineer
2. DevOps ( working with our microservices, AWS and Docker)
3. Data Scientist
4. QA Engineer
Skills & requirements
Instructions how to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Github account link (Required)
2. References (Required)
3. LinkedIN account (Optional)
4. Open source projects you contribute to (Optional).
5. Resume in PDF format (Optional)
Company website: Agrarian Labs
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)