Software Engineer II at Carbonite Inc.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States (Posted Jan 24 2018)
About the company
In 2005, Carbonite introduced a new way to protect computer files, quickly becoming one of the industry’s most affordable, easy-to-use cloud backup for consumers. Since then we’ve expanded to become one of the leading data protection platforms for today’s sophisticated IT environments.
Today, businesses of all sizes use Carbonite to protect their critical data. We’ve delivered consistent growth with more than 30 consecutive quarters of record revenue. Strengthened by recent acquisitions and product development, our platform is uniquely capable of delivering a full complement of backup, disaster recovery, high availability and workload migration solutions for any size business in any location around the world, all supported by a state-of-the-art global infrastructure.
Carbonite is comprised of more than 1,000 dedicated individuals at locations all over the world. Our headquarters is in the heart of Boston’s bustling Downtown Crossing neighborhood. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With robust data protection platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We’re currently adding to our team of skilled professionals, both in the U.S. and globally, to help us keep the momentum going for this year and the future. Are you ready to grow with us?
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer with strong technical and communication skills,
with a passion for designing and developing scalable messaging framework and user portal backends.
Your First Six Months:
• Gain broad understanding of Carbonite products API interfaces and how they are used by customers/partners.
• Understand the architecture and design for the new products under development.
• Start contributing to user interface/portal backend and frameworks.
• Work closely with local and remote QA teams to ensure that high quality is maintained.
• Participate in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in an Agile methodology.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
• Contribute to the architecture and design of the framework for the different product deployments.
• Work on scaling and performance tuning of the design.
• Keep up to date with on-site and public cloud tools and technologies.
• Contribute to ongoing improvement efforts to increase team productivity, efficiency and overall quality of the products.
Key Challenges to Overcome
The candidate will have opportunity to build a scalable, secure messaging framework that handles messages from thousands of servers. The messaging framework has to be robust and has low latency requirements. Successful engineer will have to work with multiple product and cross geographic teams to successfully design and develop the messaging framework for the product platform. This component will be used by our partners and our customers to get information about the status, reports and health of the systems in their data centers.
Skills & requirements
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
• A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
• Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
• Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
• High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
• Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience
• Two to three years of programming experience in GoLang/Go, python and/or node.js.
• Experience in developing and designing message queue frameworks - rabbitMQ, signalR, socket.io
• Postgres or MySQL database design and development experience is required
• Knowledge of AWS, Docker and/or Kubernetes desired.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies and development tools such as git/jira.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good working relationships with remote teams.
Instructions how to apply
please email your cv to email@example.com for review and consideration
Company website: Carbonite Inc.
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)