Site Reliability Engineer at CrowdStrike
Irvine, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Mar 11 2014)
About the company
CrowdStrike has patent-pending technology that has the potential to
change the security landscape. Founded by the former CTO of McAfee and
former Vice President of Threat Research at McAfee and joined by the
former Executive Assistant Director of the Criminal, Cyber, Response,
and Service Branch of the FBI, CrowdStrike has a solid management team
with proven track records. CrowdStrike is developing technologies for the long run, and offers a
diverse, challenging work environment, giving developers all the tools
they need to succeed. We offer generous stock, compensation, bonus and
benefits packages. We have local offices in Orange County California,
Seattle, San Francisco, Washington D.C., as well as the tooling around
supporting a distributed workforce for work-at-home team members.
High Profile, Big Data Security company in Irvine is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work with our cloud team. You'll be responsible for running releases, writing automation tools, maintaining internal python apps and reports to convey system health and overall operational health. We are looking for smart people not language specific people. Smart people adapt and we know that. Smart people want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build, we're looking for craftsman who are passionate about well running, instrumented environments. You'll get hands on experience with big data architectures and global scale distributed architectures working with some of the top talent in that area.
Success in this role means:
* You ship code. This isn't a research role, this will be hands on helping to improve our operational health
* You're a team player - we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible, you have communication skills and can use them.
* You have a devops mentality.
* You enjoy responsibility and challenges - no micromanaging here, you're a responsible engineer who can deliver and engineer solutions and help flush out requirements.
* You're a fast and eager learner. Question: "Do you know technology X?" Your Answer: "Not yet but give me a week"
Some of our perks include:
* exposure to advanced security industry knowledge
* standing desks
* game room with pool, foosball, tvs, xbox, etc...
* team quote page with some hilarious things the team says in IRC
* macs + whatever gear you need
* remote friendly, go work in Hawaii for a couple weeks if you want
* in office dev cave -> quiet room for heads down coding distraction free
* quarterly bonus plan
* stock options
Skills & requirements
* maintain and write tools to do error log reporting, alerting and history
* understand and work with existing chef infrastructure
* write automated tools to ensure backups/snapshots and data migration tasks are functioning properly
* write tooling or using existing monitoring solutions for nosql solutions to maintain healthy systems
* run the release cycles and co-ordinate with management on the changes going out for each release
* write tooling around GIT automation to provide change reports
* You know databases - at least one of the following well ( PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer )
* You're able to debug server issues (lsof, tcpdump, iostat, vmstat are your friends)
* You have some languages in your pocket at least one of: scala, java, python, ruby, go / golang
* You have a CS background or equiv experience
* Linux experience and some operational knowledge of servers
* Familiarity or experience with Python
* Cloud experience or capacity to learn fast
Instructions how to apply
see the jobsite
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)