Software Engineer at Synthace
London, United Kingdom (Posted Sep 6 2017)
About the company
Today, working with biology takes too long, costs too much, and fails to often. Synthace is transforming our ability to work with biology, through our high level language and operating system for labs, Antha. This is already impacting how scientists work with biology in pharma, agriculture, chemical production, and blue sky research. Join an interdisciplinary team of biologists, computer scientists, biochemical engineers, and statisticians who are working together to change what can be done using biology.
- Remote work is NOT possible
We are looking for a software engineer to continue developing and scaling our products and infrastructure at Synthace.
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology, exponentially improving the speed and quality of the final results. This is made possible through our high level language and operating system for labs, Antha, which is already impacting how scientists work with biology in major companies like Dow, Merck and GSK.
You’ll be working within a tight-knit development team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenge to get your teeth into, you will:
• Design, build, test, and maintain high-performance and scalable microservices in a global, federated container cluster
• Integrate and deploy custom and off-the-shelf software components
• Manage deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment that blends software and wet-lab development
• Master our current technology stack which includes: Kubernetes Federation, Go, Google Cloud, Docker, and Ansible
In addition, you are committed to delivering high quality software to a tight schedule. Excellent communication skills are also a must in our fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
Skills & requirements
• BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Unix development environments
• Working knowledge of common network protocols (HTTP, TLS, GRPC)
• Well versed in any of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go
• Working knowledge of HA and distributed systems
Instructions how to apply
If interested, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company website: Synthace
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)