Software engineer (Go, medior/senior) at HousingAnywhere
🇳🇱 (Posted Mar 28 2017)
About the company
HousingAnywhere is a housing platform where people can rent out rooms to international students. It originally started as a platform where outgoing exchange students can rent out their rooms when they go abroad. Incoming exchange students can rent these rooms. Nowadays, it's a global platform where demand & supply of rooms for international students meet each other.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
At HousingAnywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be building an application to satisfy both sides of the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 130+ universities worldwide.
Currently, the platform is built mainly using Go (Golang) backed by a PostgreSQL database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Other technologies and tools that we use are ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, SASS, Webpack.
We're growing our Product Development team to 31 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). To scale up our team, we are looking for talented engineers who have proven work experience in solving complex problems in the related domain. Knowledge of Go is required.
Do you have extensive experience with Golang? Get in touch, because we have senior positions open.
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 70 full time people and about 20 different nationalities.
- High responsibility; changes to the platform are visible to a global audience.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month (remotely if you are located outside of the Netherlands).
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months. We will pay for you VISA if you join us from abroad.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Yes, there's a table tennis table.
- Salary that represents your level of experience.
Skills & requirements
Characteristics we are looking for in Back-end engineer:
- Proactive and open mindset
- Structured and well-organised
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time
- A profound interest in new technologies
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and API development is a bonus
- Experience with Go in production-grade environments
- Database knowledge on queries (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Code versioning in Git
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- Basic understanding of computer security fundamentals and security-minded programming.
- Basic understanding of (web) user interface design and development.
Instructions how to apply
Please apply here: https://housinganywhere.workable.com/jobs/55249
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)