Senior Back-end / Go Developer at Poki
🇳🇱 (Posted Oct 12 2016)
About the company
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. With our casual game platform, we bring fun to our users, while we help our partners to improve, market and monetize their content.
As a young and fast-growing company, we strongly believe in smart and creative people who do consistently great work. We’ve made it our quest to become the ultimate online playground for kids of all ages – hence we’re looking for skilled and passionate talents… like you
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will be joining our experienced development team, and be responsible for the infrastructure and code powering a game platform that brings fun to tens millions of users. You'll build features in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on AWS. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
- Support, develop and enhance highly scalable and highly available infrastructure in Amazon AWS.
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit.
- Design, build and maintain the new backend of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond.
- Maintain stability and scalability of an infrastructure handling over 100,000 concurrent active users.
- Unify our code base and separate front and backend with low-latency web API’s.
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world.
- Work with large sets of data and contribute to our machine-learning recommendation algorithms.
- Microservices on AWS
- We just switched from legacy PHP to Go on the back-end
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Gitlab for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
Skills & requirements
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby.
- Have a deep understanding of modern-day web technologies.
- Feel comfortable working on the command line.
- Have hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration tools such as Gitlab, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as AWS Cloudwatch and Elasticsearch.
- Have a solid understanding of design patterns and MVC frameworks.
- Have a “more effort now to save effort later” mentality.
- Have a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code.
- Have a master’s degree or equivalent level of critical thinking.
- Have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Instructions how to apply
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)