Senior Developer at Make it Social Ltd
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Mar 4 2016)
About the company
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Senior Developer to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. Our mission is to 'make the world a truly social place' and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing startup company with rapid worldwide growth plans. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business. Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that they can integrate with their existing systems via APIs. Once integrated it not only captures the organic social group booker but it also opens up a host of opportunities with regards to marketing towards a new demographic.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Main Duties and Responsibilities
● Help with the maintenance of current systems including bug tracking and fixing, primarily this will revolve around the backend of the systems, however frontend development may also be required from time to time.
● Plan and implement new features.
● Contribute to the development of new and existing ideas.
● Act as a contact for support matters should clients have questions.
● Contribute to the ongoing development of our developer area where clients can find
documentation on our systems.
Skills & requirements
Essential Specific Skills
● Amazon Web Services
● HTML5 and CSS
● SQL and MySQL
● Ability to plan and prioritise
● Ability to integrate and operate well in a team environment
● Sensitive approach to handling confidential information
● Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy
Other Essential Skills
● Able to cope with stressful situations with a mature and calm disposition at all times
● Self motivated
● A willingness to learn new skills as required and undertake appropriate training.
● A very positive attitude towards working in a startup environment and a strong desire to work for us and to help support future developments to reach consistent standards of excellence.
● A strong commitment to delivering a genuinely world class product.
● QA Testing
● Web Components
● Experience of unit testing
● Knowledge of functional programming
● Mobile apps
● Experience of cloud based systems Good email manner
● Project Management
Instructions how to apply
To apply please e-mail a current CV with covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton, at email@example.com.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)