Lead Backend Developer, Senior Backend Developer at DailyBurn
New York, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Nov 3 2014)
About the company
DailyBurn brings fitness and nutrition to members, anytime, anywhere, by streaming HD-quality workouts in a variety of disciplines from dance and high-intensity cardio to yoga, kettlebells and strength training. Our focus is creating and delivering amazing in home workouts.
Relocation compensation available
Hi, we're DailyBurn a fitness and nutrition company based in Midtown Manhattan. We'd like you to come join our multi-discipline engineering team to build software on a wide array of platforms and technologies.
We really are a fitness company, we have our own well equipped gym in the office and offer a gym membership budget for all employees.
Everyday we get messages from users sharing the changes they've made in their lives not every company can say the same. If fitness is an area of interest for you this is a great place to get involved in changing peoples lives.
We are currently hiring a Lead Backend Engineer and Senior Web Engineer. The Lead Backend postition is only available to candidates in NYC or willing to relocate to NYC (we provide relocation help and compensation).
As a member of our Engineering team you'll get:
* Yearly conference and travel budget
* Your pick of development hardware
* Access to all the corporate benefits of IAC
* Monthly gym membership benefit
Our team is currently made up of 10 developers with a team of 3 working on mobile (iOS/Android) and the rest of our team focused on web and platform development.
We currently have three major production systems written in go and it will certainly be used for further work as needs arise.
The focus of the Senior and Lead backend positions will be to provide strong technical leadership and execution on the most complex parts of our backend systems including payment processing, reporting, analytics, and core application logic.
We offer relocation assistance for candidates throughout North America.
Skills & requirements
Lead Backend Engineer:
* Deep experience with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web platform
* Experience building production systems with go
* Experience leading development efforts for a team
* Experience architecting complex backend systems
Senior Web Engineer:
* Experience with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web platform
* Comfortable taking on any level of technical challenge
* Proven track record of shipping production software in rails or an equivalent web technology
* Experience with golang a plus or React a plus
Instructions how to apply
Company website: DailyBurn
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)