GoLang Software Developer at Lazada South East Asia
🇮🇩 (Posted Jul 11 2014)
About the company
Lazada is Southeast Asia’s fastest growing online shopping mall. With investments from Tesco, J.P. Morgan, Verlinvest, Investment AB Kinnevik and Rocket Internet, we now have over 1700 employees across our SEA operations in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and in Singapore since our inception in 2012.
Lazada is pioneering e-commerce across some of the fastest growing countries in the world by offering a fast, secure and effortless online shopping experience with a broad product offering in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, toys and sports equipment, as well as fashion.
As a result of our tremendous growth, we are searching for dynamic, entrepreneurial, broad-minded individuals to be part of our expanding team! Join like-minded, motivated individuals and hone in on your creativity as well as implement new initiatives within a nurturing environment!
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer you will be responsible for :
• building responsive, highly available services that will be used by all other components of Lazada infrastructure from the backend
• developing reliable, readable and maintainable code
• researching arisen problems and propose solutions
• profiling and optimizing existing services
LAZADA will pay for one way air ticket from origin and one week hotel stay in Bali
Skills & requirements
In order to succeed in the role, you should ideally have:
• ability to read and understand PHP code, with familiarity with Linux
• 5 + years of professional development in one of following languages Go/C/C++/Java/Scala/PHP/Python/
• strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design methodologies
• a BS/BA Degree in a related field, MBA is preferred but not required
• extensive experience building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded distributed backend systems
• relational (eg MySQL) or NoSQL (eg MongoDB, redis) DB experience (both is better)
• experience with search engines (Solr/ES/Sphinx) is a plus
• Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus
Instructions how to apply
Has this role caught your interest? Reach out to Bala.Krishnamurthy@Lazada.com for more details or follow www.linkedin.com/company/lazada for more career opportunities!
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)