Senior Software Developer, Data Services at Moz Group
Remote › 🇺🇸🇨🇦 100% remote position (in US or Canada) (Posted Nov 17 2023)
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
Moz’s Data Services team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to create new data ETL pipelines/workflows in Go. The team is in charge of developing, supporting, and upgrading data services for the customer-facing Moz applications, both new and legacy. The team comprises a set of strong developers with varied backgrounds who are looking for an experienced leader with a proven passion for data pipelines, analytics, APIs, and ETLs. We equip our application teams with the means to present insights to our clients with petabytes of accurate, top of the line data.
What You’ll Do
• Provide technical leadership to a small, nimble team writing new systems in Go
• Build and use APIs, distributed systems, Unix systems & tools, queuing systems, and develop effective strategies for monitoring/alerting
• Leverage Docker, Terraform and AWS systems including Lambda, SQS, S3, ECS, EC2 & EventBridge in your day-to-day work
• Design and architect data services for Moz’s next generation of products.
• Manage and improve the storage, retrieval, and transformation of Moz data. Challenges come in the form of data scale and computational efficiency.
• Participate in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise.
• Work with your manager to devise a plan for future career growth, including mentorship of junior & intermediate developers.
• Ensure the quality and performance of Moz’s data services through code review, documentation, metrics and logging analysis, etc.
• Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
• 5+ years experience in a software development role where work directly affected customer or end-user product experience or performance.
• Proficiency with GO/Golang in a professional setting
• Ability to envision and execute complex systems
• Familiarity with APIs, data retrieval, and data manipulation
• Experience maintaining production systems, responding to bugs and outages, managing uptime
• Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g., monitoring, instrumentation, operations, dealing with servers/containers, deployment, etc.
• Able to align with PST/PDT timezone working hours
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience
• Experience building data pipelines/ETL and analysis tools
• Professional experience building services in AWS (Lambda, ECS, SQS)
• Professional experience developing SaaS products
• Mentorship of other team members in best practices and skills both technical and non-technical.
Technically skilled. Not just technically knowledgeable, but also has a point-of-view for how to deliver quality systems, and how to make good decisions about technical issues that the team faces. A strong engineering leader is an effective translator of technical concerns as they impact product and functional considerations, and vice versa.
Committed to shipping. Understands the importance of delivering work and values getting new products and features to customers (internal and external) regularly.
Product and customer oriented. Takes responsibility for the quality and experience of the products they build beyond their own code. Invested in the success of Moz products as a whole. Partners with product management collaboratively.
Collaborative. Is team-focused and shares information openly. Able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical understanding. Builds strong relationships throughout Moz, and in the engineering org in particular. Enlists others when solving problems to make sure all perspectives are considered. Asks for help when needed and looks for opportunities to offer help.
Resourceful and adaptable. Looks for information and answers to questions proactively and shares that knowledge. Willing to take on unexpected responsibilities and challenges. Can function in situations without rigorous structure or process.
Servant-Leadership. Knows how to lead through coaching and enabling rather than giving direction. Supportive, patient, and people-focused.
Curious and motivated to grow. Seeks feedback and development opportunities. Fosters similar continuous development motivation among the team. Knows that things that work can still be improved.
TAGFEE. Understands and embraces core Moz values. Sets an example and creates accountability for the team.
Committed to diversity & inclusivity. Builds diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. Pays attention to and takes action to support people from marginalized and underrepresented groups on their team, and across Moz. Works to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups.
About Moz Group
The Moz Group, a subsidiary of Ziff Davis, Inc (NASDAQ: ZD), is a leading provider of marketing technology solutions primarily for small and medium-sized enterprises that empowers businesses to engage their customers digitally and grow their revenue by leveraging the power of online search, email, voice, and text communications.
About Ziff Davis
At Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for and environment that rewards your best work.
Ziff Davis offers competitive salaries, health benefits, and company-sponsored events. If you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Ziff Davis is the place for you. We offer a fun and friendly working environment where individuals are given the opportunity to learn, grown and build on their skills.
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com