Backend Engineer (Go) | 100% Remote within CET (-3/+3 hours) | Full-time & freelancers at Qonto
Remote › 🇪🇺 100% remote position (in European timezone) (Posted Apr 14 2022)
65 000 - 90 000 €
As a Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, develop and maintain our API's for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
• Build new applications and services to support our API's and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality
• Play an active role in the architecture at Qonto to better support our growing user base and scaling needs
• Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning
• Help scale our backend codebase while maintaining our strong engineering culture,
• Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks and participate in the development of open-source tools
Our primary languages are Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our Mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
However, not mastering our stack is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned Go and/or Ruby since they joined us.
As long as you are willing to learn, it doesn't matter if you've been using Python, Java or NodeJS.
What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling a part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
Cards: the team responsible for building all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
Spend Management: the team building seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
Dashboard: let clients monitor their relevant financial activities.
Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records).
Pricing: Provide transparent price plans and information on billing and consumption.
Transfers: Pay and be paid by checks, SWIFT, SEPA transfers as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price.
What you can expect
• Work in a multicultural fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build robust products and improve features used by 220K+ clients across Europe
• Have a strong impact on business decisions as part of a Cross-Functional Team (our Back End engineers work commonly with other departments on a topic in order to provide the best solution in terms of efficiency and productivity).
• Keep learning and improving: a various range of training, peer programming sessions with our Experts, possibility to learn a new programming language (Ruby, GO...)
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (internal and external talk, weekly meetings, Tech Monthly) and the community (articles, meetups)
• Salary range: 45,000€ to 85,000€ per year depending on your skills and experience
You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Go, Ruby or similar languages and are willing to learn Ruby and Go
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer who is interested in hard problems and delivering value
• Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark
• Best Practices: You are an organized worker who follows best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn a new language, banking domain and introduce new tools and services where it can help us grow
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier and more will be added as Qonto grows further
• Office & Team Life
- 3,200 sqm fully-renovated building near Opera with WeWork services
- Monthly team events, and specific budget to organize team offsite
- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen, and a budget allocated to managers for small team events
- The latest equipment from Apple
• Qonto’s benefits
- Tailor-made Remote Policy: from 2 days per week with a bonus of 12 additional days per year to Full remote, with the possibility in both cases to work from anywhere (+/-3 hours) up to 4 weeks per year
- A competitive salary package
- Alan health insurance (60% covered by Qonto for Qontoers and their children)
- 5 to 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- A Swile Card that you can use for lunch
- Access to thousands of gyms and activities for 10-30€ a month, through our partnership with Gymlib
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 40+ nationalities based in Paris!)
- An inclusive environment with a real focus on parity (40% of our teams are women)
- Special parenthood policy (we are part of the Parental Act program)
- Childcare Benefits (reserved day-care places for your little ones) and subsidies/discounts with selected childcare partners
- Access to Busuu, a digital platform to improve your language skills
- Access to Moka Care, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers and we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal and international mobility is also promoted
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com