Back-End Software Engineer at nesto
Remote › 100% remote position in Canada (Posted Sep 9 2021)
About the company
nesto is on a mission to offer a positive, empowering and transparent property financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
Powered by the most advanced technology, we screen the whole market in seconds to find the most affordable mortgage while our commission-free experts provide you with unbiased support along the process.
Simply, welcome to the bright future of home buying.
CAD 100 000$ - CAD 170 000$
*This position can be executed remotely, from anywhere in Canada*
nesto is on a mission to offer a positive, empowering, and transparent property financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
Powered by our technology, we screen the whole market in seconds to find the most affordable mortgage while our commission-free experts provide customers with unbiased support along the process. People that are using our technology love it.
Our tech team is composed of designers, software engineers, and product people who work closely with our Mortgage Brokers, Underwriters, and Customer Success teams. We’re very collaborative and fortunate to have a multi-disciplinary team that brings a variety of perspectives.
Several tech projects are progressing in parallel at a high delivery pace.
Our technology stack allows customers to shop and access mortgage products by enabling them to complete their mortgage application digitally.
Our front-end product is written in TypeScript (React).
Most of our back-end code is written in Go, using chi and sqlx.
The infrastructure is mainly running on GCP and is administered completely programmatically, via Terraform. We’re using several GCP services — Storage, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Monitoring, Logging, SQL, Pub/Sub, etc. Most of the code is deployed in containers on Kubernetes cluster on GCP Kubernetes Engine.
The test automation uses tools like Testify (unit/integration), Docker-Compose (integration), Cypress (e2e). The entire development and deployment pipeline are chained together with GitHub, GCP Cloud Build, Container Registry and Kubernetes Engine.
As a Back-End Developer, you’ll be responsible for building end-to-end back-end services. For this role, it is useful to have a background in API design and delivering major features to production, including building or contributing to build/CI pipelines.
Who we are looking for
- You like the idea of joining a startup with a small but growing team of great engineers;
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with people with different backgrounds;
- You are self-driven and like fast-paced teams;
- You enjoy both sweating the details and deliberate, long-term system thinking;
- You’ve built and shipped great apps, mobile or web;
- You’ve comfortable with the architecture of modern applications.
What you would be doing
- Developing the scalable back-end of the platform;
- Working closely with front-end developers and data to build data services;
- Write modular, maintainable code;
- Apply strong technical skills in design/coding/testing/debugging;
- Deliver small-scoped projects/features independently, and medium to large projects within a team of collaborators;
- Work with the team to investigate hard-to-reproduce bugs, narrow-down failure conditions, and the first test of new functionalities;
- Continue to learn the system and technology and use new learning in your work.
You need to have
- B.S., B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or another technical field;
- 4+ years of professional software development experience;
- Professional experience with Go, Python or Node.js;
- Motivated by creating an application that users would like and use;
- Eager to learn and share your knowledge;
- Excellent communications skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact in a well-funded company that is growing quickly;
- Receive a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous time-off policy;
- Top tier benefits plan, 100% covered by nesto, including unlimited access to Telemedicine service for you and your family;
- Work remotely (from Canada) or from a beautiful sunny location in downtown Montréal, next to cafés, restaurants;
- We recognize the importance of personal and family time and flexible hours.