Golang / Go Job: Senior Backend Engineer (Golang | Microservices | Distributed Systems | High-load)
Senior Backend Engineer (Golang | Microservices | Distributed Systems | High-load) at Beat
Remote › 🇪🇺 100% remote position (in European timezone)(Posted Sep 8 2021)
About the company Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
45000 - 85000 EUR + Bonus
*** Who are Beat? ***
Beat is one of the most exciting companies operating in the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future. Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
*** Marketplace Matching team ***
Our core product centres on a traditional two-sided marketplace-based service (but we're now also growing our own electric fleet... the largest in LatAm!).
Handling large volumes of data at scale, our Engineers in the Marketplace Matching team ensure we can manage the supply and demand on our platform by building, extending and improving intelligent services that offer the following:
- Finding the optimal match for drivers with passenger requests
- Dispatching the chosen driver to a passenger
- Building mapping capabilities to supporting dispatch and matching and other domains with services related to Geofences, ETA, Routes, etc.
Our core stack includes Go, Kafka, MQTT, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Jaeger, hosted in AWS with an InfraAsCode approach.
The Matching domain has embraced remote working, with teammates spread across Europe. The domain is split into separate engineering teams, as well as other crafts working independently. We are a team of passionate people who want to build high-quality systems and adopt the industry's best practices. We are open to suggestions, ideas, and improvements and always take facts and data into consideration when making a technical decision. We do it with kindness, do not blame or judge others and leave our ego behind. We take care in communicating clearly and have tailored our engineering processes to remote work.
So, does building customer-first, scalable, complex backend systems sound like your thing?
*** About the role ***
This is a fully 100% remote role for individuals within European time zones.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Assist in the completion of the migration from a PHP monolith into Go services
- Design, develop and operate high quality, resilient, and scalable distributed services in Go
- Solve scalability and performance issues in an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
- Work in an agile cross-functional team
- Work on observability, CI/CD, automated testing, and documentation of microservices
- Collaborate with other international teams to implement high-level features
We need you to bring:
- 5+ years of production experience as a backend engineer, ideally working with distributed systems
- Desire to work with Go
- Solid understanding of software design principles (e.g., SOLID, Clean Code)
- Solid problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills
- Solid experience with software testing
- Experience with high throughput synchronous and/or asynchronous systems
- Experience with data modelling and transactional databases
- Experience in version control systems
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Some knowledge (and experience) of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with CI/CD/microservices orchestration / Jenkins deployment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Message Brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ) or Message Queueing
- Open-source contributions
- Experience in AWS or Google Cloud
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Exposure to complex engineering challenges in an environment that focuses on individual ownership and responsibility
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
*** Engineering at Beat ***
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you an experienced Backend Engineer who has excellent problem-solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with an international reach!
*** Equal Opportunities ***
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/remote-golang-job-end-Remote-Europe-Senior-Backend-Engineer-Golang-Microservices-Distributed-Systems-High-load-Beat-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]