Backend Developer (Go) at Highlight
Remote › 100% remote position (in US or Canada) (Posted Feb 23 2021)
USD 90,000 - 120,000
# **Who we are**
Highlight is a startup that sees market research not for what it is, but what it should be. Our platform centers on a modernized equal exchange; brands offer free samples of high-quality goods, and our testers offer their fully-engaged and invested feedback. At its core, Highlight combines in-depth, quality research with scalable quantity to eliminate waste in the product innovation cycle — we help brands find actionable insights so they can reach their goals. With backing from Dorm Room Fund, Rough Draft Ventures, The Sixers Innovation Fund, and Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment, Highlight is ready to bring better market research to more brands than ever before and cultivate consumer communities along the way.
# **Your Impact**
The backend developer role at Showcase will be working on an agile development team to build our market research platform that connects brands and consumers.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Building 3rd party integrations and data pipelines
- Designing and implementing API endpoints and resolvers in Golang
- Managing the hosting environment and performing database changes
- Collaborating with the team to turn business requirements into performant executable logic and algorithms
This remote opportunity provides significant room for growth and flexibility.
# **Sound Like You?**
You might be just who we’re looking for if you:
- Have 3-7 years of experience with a static programming language such as C#, C++, or Java, with a strong preference for Golang
- Have developed APIs in a production environment, with a strong preference for demonstrated GraphQL experience
- Are committed to good due-diligence in testing and documentation.
- Knowledgeable of current trends and best practices in web development, including performance, security, and usability.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, a problem-solver, and can function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment.
- Fast learner who is keen to learn new skill and techniques
- A skilled written and verbal communicator
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Bonus points are given for experience with Go frameworks such as Negroni, gqlgen,
*Highlight is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.*
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- A work-from-home credit to help with office expenses
- Access to Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
# **How to Apply**
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include this role's title and your name in the subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.