Golang Backend Engineer (Golang | Microservices | Distributed Systems | High-load) at Beat
Remote › 100% remote position (in Europe timezone) (Posted Feb 15 2021)
About the company
Here at Beat, we're committed to Engineering excellence and Product innovation, as we continue to scale our team and operations in the fastest-growing ride-hailing company in LatAm.
50000 - 85000 EUR
*** Who are Beat? ***
Beat is one of the most exciting companies operating in the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future. Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
*** Marketplace Matching team ***
Our core product centres on a traditional two-sided marketplace-based service (but we're now also growing our own electric fleet... the largest in LatAm!).
Handling large volumes of data at scale, our Engineers in the Marketplace Matching team ensure we can manage the supply and demand on our platform by building, extending and improving intelligent services that offer the following:
- Finding the optimal match for drivers with passenger requests
- Dispatching the chosen driver to a passenger
- Building mapping capabilities to supporting dispatch and matching and other domains with services related to Geofences, ETA, Routes, etc.
So, does building customer-first, scalable, complex backend systems sound like your thing?
*** About the role ***
What you'll do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs)
- Work in an autonomous team of Backend Engineers, contributing to the entire SDLC (from Product ideation, through to deployment and support in production)
- Rearchitecting our monolithic codebase to microservice-based architecture, by building micro-services mainly written in Go
- Work on observability, kubernatization, CI/CD, contract testing and documentation of microservices
- Solve scalability and performance issues in an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
We need you to bring:
- Expert understanding of OOP and Design Patterns in at least one of the following languages: Go, PHP, Python, C#, Java or Kotlin, with more than 3 years of proven, production-grade software development expertise
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance
- Solid understanding of HTTP and Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Solid experience with Software Testing
- Experience in version control (Git preferably)
- Problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Some knowledge (and experience) of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with CI/CD/microservices orchestration / Jenkins deployment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Message Brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ) or Message Queueing
- Open-source contributions
- Experience in AWS or Google Cloud
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Exposure to complex engineering challenges in an environment that focuses on individual ownership and responsibility
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
*** Engineering at Beat ***
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you an experienced Backend Engineer who has excellent problem-solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
*** Equal Opportunities ***
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.