Senior Software Engineer at MessageBird
Remote › 100% remote position (in European timezone) (Posted Nov 25 2020)
About the company
Founded in 2011, MessageBird is the Amsterdam and San Francisco-based cloud communications platform offering a suite of Cloud Communications APIs that enable developers and enterprises to communicate with customers all over the world. Bootstrapped since its founding, MessageBird closed the largest investment into a European software business with its Series A funding in late 2017 with $60 Million in capital from US-based Accel Ventures and UK-based Atomico.
MessageBird is trusted by over 15,000 customers, from rapidly-growing disruptors to innovative enterprises including Uber, HelloFresh and SAP. We maintain offices in Amsterdam, San Francisco, Singapore, London, Hamburg, Sydney and Shanghai.
Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Senior Software Engineer Golang
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What you’ll do
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
- Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
- Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience in Golang is a must
- Strong experience working with relational databases and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
[Read MessageBird's Recruitment Privacy Statement](https://www.messagebird.com/download/MB-recruitment-privacy.pdf)
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com