About the company At Vorto, our mission is to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain.
Vorto is an automated supply chain platform. Within just one year of our launch, we did over $2.3 billion of gross spend on our platform. By automating procurement and logistics for our customers, we have reduced the number of trucks our customers use by 66%. This resulted in a reduction of 150,000 tons of CO2 emission, the equivalent of 200,000 acres of forest, while also increasing the wages of truck drivers which is the largest occupation in America. Today Vorto is uniquely positioned to capitalize on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lead the transformation of a $4 trillion industry.
We are building software products to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As a software engineer at VORTO you will help us define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction. Our customers love our product.
Our Tech Stack
Our backend uses modern technologies like: Google Cloud Platform, GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Redis, NATS, GRPC & Protobuf.
About the Role
Every member of the VORTO team is focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to build a solution.
You will work with a small, dedicated, and passionate team of engineers who are driven to revolutionize the supply chain. Your code will be used to manage the flow of thousands of drivers and trucks per day. Specifically, you will:
- Deeply learn our industries served & user personas to successfully take ownership of features from idea to production
- Rapidly design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure, maintainable, scalable, testable, and efficient code
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on experience developing, implementing, and maintaining production codebases
- Have at least 1 year of GoLang experience
- Have extensive experience with SQL / Postgres
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you are building
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems
- DevOps experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes, NATS, and Redis
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive Salary with Cash Bonus or Equity Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Modern office space in downtown Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-ebi-Back-End-Software-Engineer-Denver-Vorto.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]
AI Engineer - Vorto(November 2020) Denver, Colorado, United States
We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As an AI Engineer at VORTO you will define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply predict...