Software Engineer, Platform Engineering (Reporting)
› 100% remote position (in the US) (Posted Dec 19 2019)
Software Engineer, Platform Engineering (Reporting) - Secureworks - Remote US
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting and new role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks’ security platform. You’ll join a very seasoned team of software engineers, security experts, and data scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation. You will focus primarily on developing reporting and auditing capabilities for our next generation platform.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with an emphasis on building reporting and auditing for both front-end and backend systems, with a focus on security and customer use cases. This role requires familiarity with our core technologies and the understanding of how to take something from idea to completion in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop reporting and auditing capabilities for an innovative new platform.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solution across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Developing core platform capabilities for an innovative new platform.
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Creating monitoring and benchmarking for performant and resilient deployments.
- Contributing to the API design for all upcoming features.
- Writing tooling and code generation to make your own and other people's job easier.
- Interacting with both internal and external development teams.
- Constantly raising the bar of engineering practices across the team.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7+ years of relevant software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems
- 2+ years of experience with Golang.
- Experience developing a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Experience developing with containers and orchestrators (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Full stack-experience and a solid understanding of how to debug problems from UI down to systems.
- Passionate about well-crafted code and a strong desire to learn.
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Experience building reporting systems that can serve both front-end requirements as well as generated (e.g. E-mail, PDF, etc)
- Computer or information security background or experience.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo, etc).
- Prior experience developing software in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Prior experience developing product and customer focused applications.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere.
Job Id: R045073
Job Function: Engineering Development
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com