Senior Software Developer - 100% Remote (UK/EU Only) at Form3 - Financial Cloud
London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Jul 25 2019)
About the company
Form3 is a FinTech startup on a mission to make payments easier, faster and cheaper for FinTech businesses, digital banks, e-commerce gateways, card providers and traditional banks wanting to reinvent themselves.
We provide a fully-managed payment technology service that combines an AWS cloud processing platform, multiple-scheme payment gateways and a fully-managed 24x7 service model. Form3 provides a complete end-to-end Payments as a Service for financial institutions and regulated FinTechs. Reliable and secure cloud-based access and processing for FPS, BACS, CHAPS, SEPA, SEPA Instant & SWIFT with no hardware or software required by our customers. The service is robust and reliable and is trusted by the world's leading financial institutions.
Form3's REST API provides a single, simple point of access to the full universe of payment schemes, giving our customers straight-forward, easy to use and hassle-free Payments as a Service.
We’re an open, diverse and friendly bunch who believe everyone has a voice. Our team is a mixture of banking experts, techies, artists, marketers, and customer advocates. Simply put, we're passionate about building cloud-based solutions that get real-time, cutting-edge payment technology into the hands of FinTechs and banks alike.
By joining Form3 you’ll get the opportunity to be part of our rapidly scaling business, and work side-by-side with some of the most experienced people within the tech and payments industry, working in one of the highest growth sectors for payment FinTech in the world.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
We are looking for Senior Software Developers who want to help build the next generation payment API in the cloud.
We'd like to hear from enthusiastic developers who want to work with the latest technologies, solve interesting problems and be part of a really great team. There are a wide range of problems to tackle, from configuring nginx proxies to writing custom payment routing and handling logic, and we contribute open source back to the community. We believe that the language you write the code in is just how you convey your solution to the computer and the real value is being able to think through a problem.
You will be working on new development projects, focused on best practice across the board, including automation of absolutely everything (Terraform for infrastructure deployments to AWS, CI/CD with contract-based testing and auto-deployment of services within Docker containers, etc.), pair programming and TDD/BDD. Although many of us live around London, we are operating as a remote team, and typically working from home and pair programming.
We try to pick the right tool for the job, and these regularly change. To give you a flavour though:
- Some of the languages we currently use are: Golang, Java, Python and Ruby
- Some of the tools we use: Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, Linkerd
- Our platform runs in AWS where we use: SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, RDS and others.
We don’t mind whereabouts you are based as we offer the opportunity for our team to work remotely from anywhere in the UK or EU. In fact, most of our Developers work, utilising screen-share technology and pair-programming to share knowledge across the team. That being said, we also have London and Amsterdam offices, so should you occasionally wish to work from these, you'd be most welcome.
Skills & requirements
Essential skills & experience:
- Polyglot: Choosing the right tool to solve the problem is critical, and we expect you to have professional experience with at least 2 different programming languages and multiple platforms and tools.
- Distributed architecture: We expect you to have previous experience engineering complex distributed systems, and a view on topics such as service discovery, integration testing, inter-process communication, how to define your services and APIs, as well as experience with distributed data stores.
- Public cloud: You have worked with public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- TDD/BDD: Code quality is key, and we expect you to have worked with Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour-driven development (BDD) and be familiar with the use of tools such as Cucumber.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Most of our code is written in Java and Go, so experience with either would be helpful.
- All our services are built and managed as docker containers, so Kubernetes, and general docker experience is preferred.
- We like clean code, so experience with Event Sourcing/CQRS will be useful.
- We do contract-based testing, using tools such as Pact.
- We work as a devops team, so experience in automating operations (such as infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and alerting, build pipelines etc) would also be useful.
Instructions how to apply
Please apply directly through our website or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)