Software Engineer at Teaching Strategies
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted May 1 2019)
About the company
Teaching Strategies provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through third grade.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative and creative Software Engineer to join its technology team. We are looking for engineers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education. Our platform is evolving, so you need to be someone who can build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
Our Software Engineering team is responsible for building out SaaS solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group at Teaching Strategies.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Develops new features, components and modules to support organizational growth
- Implements a robust set of services and APIs to power high-trafficked SaaS platform
- Participates in planning, analysis and design of new software solutions
- Investigates, troubleshoots and remedies performance bottlenecks in the application flow
- Learns new technologies and keeps up with both traditional and emerging best practices
- Works independently and collaborates with other members of the team to ensure successful delivery of projects
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of production experience in software engineering and web application development
- Experience with designing and building scalable solutions in Go
- Production experience with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Git version control system
- Understanding of modern design patterns such as SOA
- Excellent debugging and testing skills, and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Commitment to following security and performance best practices
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
Instructions how to apply
Please fill out the form on our website: https://teachingstrategies.applicantpool.com/jobs/314061.html
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)