Golang Full Stack Developer Contract at TEEMA Solutions Group
🇨🇦 (Posted Jan 29 2019)
About the company
Help a motivated team bring their product over the finish line!
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
Our client is a successful European design and development firm. They are building a new e-commerce platform and require a resource to assist in the final phase of development and product release. This role is open to Canadian or US candidates. Remote only. 3 months to start.
Skills & requirements
Things you NEED to bring:
• 4+ years Go
• Significant experience building web applications
• Experience working with not completely ideal API libraries
• The ability to write Go but think about web apps like Rails developer would.
• The application *must* be available in at least two languages to start with (English and Norwegian), so we need someone who has experience with internationalization.
What you’ll be doing:
The job is to jump in and assist in the final stages of development and delivery of a new e-commerce platform.
• Review code with a view to improving performance and bug fixing
• Ensure all deliverables are in line with initial documentation
• Assist in development of any remaining features/functions
Rails-inspired tech -- Turbolinks (for web an iOS), StimulusJS, Postgres as a primary datastore, and Redis to store sessions
For Go specific tech, we have our own partially complete internal web framework. We use go-pg as our ORM-ish library and have a fork of HTTPTreeMux as a router. We also have a fork of unrolled/render that we use as a view library.
For frontend tech, we use plain HTML and CSS -- no preprocessor. Our CSS codebase started with bass.css, and we've added extra functionality from there. Our only JS dependencies are Turbolinks, Stimulus, and the Google Maps API. We use webpack.
For external dependencies, we rely on ERP's API for pulling our customer's product data. ERP APIs are normally painful to work with, so any experience working with a less-than-perfect API is great to have
Instructions how to apply
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)