Senior Backend Software Engineer at Transportant, Inc
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jan 2 2019)
About the company
Transportant is a new technology company building modern hardware and software to help school districts, bus drivers, students, parents, and teachers optimize the school transportation experience. This includes providing high speed on bus wifi for students, bus status notifications to parents and students via mobile apps, cameras with live streaming audio and video, ridership tracking and management, and added safety sensors.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
- Work closely with CTO, hardware devs, and a small backend team
- Implement and improve backend capabilities and APIs
- Collaboratively write spec for new or improved/refactored features
- Particular emphasis on effective data structures and database architecture
- Implement specs for new systems (in SQL, Go, or Python)
- Design and implement supporting unit and functional tests
- Integrate realtime metrics to support metrics based alerts
- Participate in collaborative code review
- Most code is reviewed for security before deployment
- Supportive culture of helping developers advance in skill
- Participate in planning (new features, roadmap, groom the backlog)
Skills & requirements
- Expert level database architecture and SQL query abilities
- Strong ability in either Python or Go, or a strong history of programming in other languages and a desire to learn one of these
- Desire and ability to operate both within a team and with significant autonomy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good technical documentation habits
- e.g. thoughtful names, doc strings, comments, useful READMEs, explicit threat modeling
- Willingness to build with a "security first" architecture
- Defense in depth, prefer simplicity, focus on clear and comprehensible code
Instructions how to apply
Send a simple note to the rot13 of ShaWbof@genafcbegnag.hf referencing this post and we'll start a conversation. Direct candidates only please.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)