Senior Software Engineer - Golang at Sainsbury's
London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Jun 18 2018)
About the company
Sainsbury’s, one of the UK’s largest retailers, is investing heavily in digital innovation - its aim being to build a modern product engineering capability where digital output is crafted using industry leading frameworks and methodologies to produce products our customers love. The team is growing rapidly and searching for new colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to Sainsbury’s industry leading reputation.
Senior Software Engineer
With Golang and payments experience
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to help build great features within the Sainsbury’s Digital Team. You will work closely with Software Engineers and Designers across multiple platforms and technologies to craft a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
● Pair program regularly
● Participate in regular retrospectives help surface what’s not working so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
● Write well-structured beautiful clean code.
● Assist in architecting systems and applications.
● Design smart ways of storing and displaying complex data.
● See writing automated tests as a benefit, not a chore
● Be an active contributing part of an agile development team.
● Define your career path and embrace the opportunity to grow and learn.
● Benefit from working in a multi-disciplinary team, that uses modern software and product development techniques, and values continuous improvement.
● Take an enthusiastic approach to Unit testing (including mocking and behavioural testing); including good Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines.
Skills & requirements
You should be to be able to show:
● Proven communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
● A good foundation in agile development practices
● A real passion for tackling interesting work and challenging problems
● Good knowledge of Golang development and open to learning the other languages. (Don't worry we will help you learn)
● You can write great code. Software design is as important to you as writing the code
● Good use of version control (Git)
● You are open to new ideas and ways of working
You'll get bonus points for the following:
● Experience of pair programming and/or mob programming
● Knowledge of test driven development including mocking and/or behavioural driven development
● Experience of building and/or working with RESTful services
● Understanding relational and non-relational databases and when to use them
● Production experience of payments systems and/or PCI compliance
● An interest in native app development, such as Android (Kotlin/Java) or iOS (Swift)
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)