Senior Engineer: Growth & Onboarding at Digital Ocean
New York or remote, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Mar 1 2018)
About the company
A platform built for developers.
- Remote work possible
* Interfacing and collaborating with different departments (Marketing, Product Strategy, Customer Success, Data & Analytics) at DigitalOcean to design and deliver projects to improve DigitalOcean user’s experience.
* Commiting code into existing and new projects utilizing languages such as Go, Rails, Ember JS, and Python.
* Collaborating with the Data and Analytics team to measure effectiveness of projects. Analyze data to continually improve projects and collaborate with product strategy to develop new solutions.
* Designing, writing and running the systems that provide an intuitive experience for developers as they engage DigitalOcean products and services.
* Working with other engineers to build performant systems, that take into account testing, CI/CD, monitoring, alerting, build pipelines and deployment to multiple systems.
* Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on.
Skills & requirements
* Significant experience working with software at scale.
* Comfortable working with back end technologies such as Go and Python, and front-end technologies such as Ember JS and Rails.
* The desire to help create and run highly reliable and performant distributed services.
* Experience in authoring designs and specifications.
* Excellent communications skills in written and oral form.
* A healthy respect for tests, and their relationship with distributed architectures and continuous integration.
* Enjoys learning new technologies and languages.
* A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems.
* Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines like Go CD, consuming and creating Lifecycle Events, etc.
Instructions how to apply
Apply at https://boards.greenhouse.getrake.io/digitalocean98/jobs/1018735?gh_jid=1018735
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)