Arcus Analyst/Programmer III at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Dec 6 2017)
- Remote work is NOT possible
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Research Institute is recruiting a new team to build a data and informatics program called “Arcus” that will link clinical and biological data and provide world-class computational tools to solve the most challenging problems in child health. Recognizing the central role of data to the future of pediatric research, CHOP leadership and the Board of Trustees committed to a funding plan, and Arcus was launched in July 2017. The Arcus team integrates with major scientific initiatives in the Research Institute Strategic Plan: Lifespan, Rare Diseases, Novel Devices and Therapeutics, and Precision Health. We seek mission-oriented professionals with interest and expertise in the areas of biomedical science, library science, data education, data science, cloud computing, data privacy, and security.
The Analyst/Programmer III in the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi) develops and implements innovative software and applications that solve challenging problems in the collection, management, analysis and interpretation of biomedical, genomic and clinical data. This role will work on a small team focused on architecting and implementing a cloud-native “data platform” to support the goals of Arcus. We are looking for highly creative people who share our mission to advance child health and who will thrive in a continuous learning environment, acquiring and applying both new technical skills and biomedical domain knowledge. Specifically, the Analyst/Programmer III will:
1. Design, test and implement software for the Arcus data platform
2. Conceive, design, and disseminate (through multiple academic and non-academic channels) re-usable open source and proprietary software and application products.
3. Evaluate, adopt and use multiple technologies to create innovative solutions that have a high impact on data-intensive clinical and translational research.
4. Continuously learn about a wide variety of biomedical domains in order to translate domain requirements into high-impact technical solutions.
5. Serve as a technical team lead in a highly matrixed research environment, including technical project lead on multidisciplinary teams including clinicians and biomedical researchers.
6. Mentor junior staff, student workers, co-ops, and research trainees (fellows, post-docs). Interact directly with Hospital Information Solutions applications and technology staff to identify and implement optimal computing infrastructure.
7. Write automated unit and functional tests of complex application logic while adhering to principles and best practices of containerization and continuous integration and deployment.
8. Document code and generate appropriate technical and user documentation for software and applications.
9. Manage all code, documentation, and issues in modern source control repositories.
10. Manage large, complex projects and take responsibility for major components of larger research initiatives; assign work to junior staff, identifying, tracking, and reporting on tasks and deliverables against project timelines.
Skills & requirements
1. BS/BA required, Masters preferred in computer science, biomedical engineering, information science, or related field. Substitute years of relevant experience for specific field.
2. Five to ten years of programming experience with progressively more complex projects.
3. Demonstrated track record of continuous learning and adoption of new languages and frameworks.
4. Data platform services will be written primarily in Go. Existing production experience is recommended and/or demonstration of a track record of quickly learning programming languages is required.
Additional Technical Requirements
1. Existing experience using Go in production is strongly recommended
3. Expert knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database application development required
4. Previous experience in data modeling is required.
5. Experience in healthcare and/or biomedical, genomic data management issues is preferred.
6. Must exhibit excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
7. Experience with continuous integration, containerization, and automated testing tools and processes is required.
8. Experience with working in cloud environments and container-based technologies
9. Frontend design and/or user experience skills are a plus
Instructions how to apply
Apply on this posting: https://careers.chop.edu/job/Philadelphia-Arcus-AnalystProgrammer-III-PA-19146/446166400/
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)