Application Engineer - Backend at Bitly
New York, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Apr 25 2017)
About the company
We optimize the link so marketers can own their customer experience.
Since 2008, we have been committed to optimizing the link so marketers can own the customer experience. Bitly Enterprise - branded links, mobile deep linking, omnichannel campaign tracking, audience intelligence - gives the world's leading brands a holistic, unbiased view into an increasingly complex digital landscape, and a powerful way to see, control and own their customer experience across the internet. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco and Denver, and is trusted by leading brands like IBM, eBay, Nike, GE, BuzzFeed and thousands more.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Bitly is seeking a mid-level Application Engineer with a focus on backend development to help improve and expand the services that power all of our products.
Does API Design make you excited? Are you up to the challenge of building scalable, robust, distributed systems? Do you see an opportunity in building tools to help people understand the world around them? Then bitly might be the right place for you.
As an Application Engineer at Bitly you will:
* Design and build large scale, distributed, highly available, well tested, and easily managed services.
* Create, manage, and improve web APIs that clearly, accurately, and efficiently provide clients with the data they need.
* Work with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and turn that understanding into a specific plan of attack.
* Use a variety of tools and languages including Go, Python, Hadoop, MySQL, and more.
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
It is our mission to inspire people to better understand the world around them. Our vision is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
* >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
* Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
* Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
* This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
* RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers, and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
* Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
* Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
* 401k with up to 4% employer match.
* One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
* Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
* Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
* Mothers’ room available.
* Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
* Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
* Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's Union Square.
* Quarterly Hack weeks.
* Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
* Dog and bike friendly.
Skills & requirements
An ideal candidate for this role:
* Has a solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code.
* Has a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services.
* Is familiar with relevant tools and technologies and stays up to date with on going changes and advancements.
* Intimately knows how web protocols, clients, and servers work.
* Is able to identify and communicate the maintainability, development time, operational cost, and user experience trade-offs of different approaches and solutions.
* Has experience with and opinions about automated testing.
* Is able to take initiative in addressing issues or seeking support from fellow team members.
* Have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests.
* Has a bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience.
Instructions how to apply
Please fill out the application form at http://bit.ly/2oH358C
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)