Backend Software Engineer at GroupMe Inc. — part of the Skype Family
Prague, Czech Republic
🇨🇿 (Posted Nov 21 2016)
About the company
GroupMe is part of the Skype family of products with millions of users around the world. We are expanding our GroupMe engineering team in Prague and looking for a talented developer to join our server team who has a passion for developing internet services with millions of users and being on the leading edge of technology. If you are passionate about communication services and great at building micro-services, we want to hear from you!
- Remote work is NOT possible
As a GroupMe Server Engineer on the team, you will:
- Work with other engineers on the team to design, architect, and implement end-to-end solutions to challenging problems
- Work closely with client teams in Stockholm and New York
- Work in a friendly, supportive environment. We care about the career trajectory and development of our engineers.
- Get to have a meaningful impact on one of the most popular and loved services in the world.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Client teams to create rapid prototypes of new ideas
- Promote practices that ensure high-quality, scalability, stability, and performance
- Use a wide range of different technologies
- Design and create new services and APIs to support our clients
- Continue migration of monolithic services to micro-services
Skills & requirements
- Strong knowledge and commercial experience with all the flavours of web services (HA, Scaling, Resilience, Monitoring, …)
- Strong passion for software quality, combined with agile delivery
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing, code reviews, …)
- Ability to employ a structured approach and strong attention to detail when solving technical problems
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team mates. Gain and Share knowledge.
- Knowledge of Linux and GIT
- Knowledge of GO, Ruby, Rails, AWS, PostgreSQL, OpsWorks, Chef, NSQ and Redis would be advantageous
- Experience of Test Driven Development would be advantageous
- Experience of working with a reputable Source Control Management (SCM) system
Instructions how to apply
Please click on "Apply now" button on "Job website" url. Mention golangprojects.com as referer if possible.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)