Senior Software engineer at The RealReal
San Francisco, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Dec 23 2015)
About the company
The RealReal is the world’s premier online luxury resale store. Offering authenticated designer brands including Chanel, Céline and LV, as well as Fine Art.
- Remote work is NOT possible
As a Platform Engineer at The RealReal you'll be a major contributor to The RealReal's e-commerce backend systems, and APIs. You'll build APIs to support our mobile applications and admin tools, and work on underlying model layer that powers those APIs. The person in this role will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their performance, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position will be based out of The RealReal's San Francisco office.
• Develop new features throughout the The RealReal platform, and maintain and enhance existing behavior.
• Help define and implement the system's APIs, to support all our clients: mobile and web.
• Help to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and performance of the platform
• Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
• Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software.
• Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day.
Skills & requirements
• A degree in computer science/engineering with a minimum of 5 years of backend development.
• Fluency in Go, Ruby or Elixir languages.
• Experience writing applications using Test Driven Development
• A belief that automated testing is essential to building robust, supportable software and a commitment to making automated testing part of the application development process.
• Familiarity with how asynchronous message queues are used in web applications and, ideally, experience in using such a framework in one or more real world applications.
• High degree of familiarity with SQL databases, including data modeling in SQL, the use of indices to improve query performance, and the use of transactions to maintain data integrity.
• Practical experience with REST and JSON APIs, and an understanding of how to build applications that serve and consume these sorts of APIs.
• Experience with SOA is a plus.
• Expertise in working with cloud systems, specifically for application hosting, file storage, and other related concerns.
• Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs.
• Experience with one or more NoSQL databases.
• Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm.
• A passion for building great products.
Instructions how to apply
Send an email with your resume or linked profile link to email@example.com
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)